Advice needed: DVD labeling and printers for that

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
kewllll

DVD label printing

Postby kewllll » Fri May 04, 2007 9:25 am

I recently purchased an Epson R260. I have only printed a couple of DVD labels so far but the pictures have been great. Yes the ink usage factor on using inkjets is high. I could not believe how fast I went through the starter cartridges!. Replacement cartridges cost about $64.00 a set at Wal-mart but I found some generic ones online for about $27.00 a set. So far I think I will stick with this printer for my labels.

Bill

GaryH1960

I also use the Epson R320...

Postby GaryH1960 » Mon May 07, 2007 8:35 am

jeanc wrote:I have an epson R320 that does a fantastic print on the DVD. It does really great printing for me.

Jean

I have been using the Epson now for about two years & have never had a problem with it~ :D

I print 4x6 photos, and some 8.5x11 matte prints as well as CD printable media. I've never printed a DVD label yet, but it wouldn't be any different than a CD label. Results are beyond excellent with this printer! I can print legibly down to a 6 pt font for CD track listing, etc.

And yes, the media may be slightly more expensive than plain media but seriously, the difference isn't dramatic. Also, the ink cartridges ARE expensive, but the results justify the expense in my opinion. I'm sure Light scribe is cool, but for me, I wanted the versatility of the ink jet for photo printing...

Lastly, the software that comes with the Epson for printing CDs/DVDs is simple to use & does what needs to be done (IMO). In my experience, giving customized CD's away as gifts has generally left the receivers MORE than happy with their gifts! I think seeing their name and/or picture along with any other personalized info on the disk label just makes people light up & feel the item is that much more special & unique.

Hope that helps someone! 8)

Gary

Postby nannybear » Mon May 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Glad you like it Dick. they are coming out with enhancements this year apparently that will burn darker and faster....Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon May 07, 2007 4:44 pm

nannybear wrote:Glad you like it Dick. they are coming out with enhancements this year apparently that will burn darker and faster....Cheers Jan

Jan -- sounds interesting, where did you see that and has anything been said about when that would happen?
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Previous

Return to Business Applications