Re-posted in correct forum( A little help needed)

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Postby Kabache » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:59 am

A little help from my friends
I have been reading with interest the thread,Slides shows & digital photo "stuff" as a business. Many of you have come up with some great ideas for how to market your new businesses. I am not in business although the thought has crossed my mind. I welcome your help with an opportunity i have been given, which if pulled of could launch me.

I have worked for a large Not-For-Profit Human Services provider for the past 30 years. This coming summer my Agency will be holding a dinner to Honor those employees with 30 years of service (28 of us). I volunteered to help them create a presentation to be shown at dinner. We also will honor those employees with both 25 and 20 years of service respectively. I have created many, many "feel good" type slide shows, but never one like the one which lies before me. What's in it for me? Every honoree will receive a copy of the DVD as 1 of their gifts. Hmm..that 250 x $7-10. Not bad for a presentation of no mare than 20 minutes.

Some of my thoughts... use archived photos of facilities(some no longer exist), request several old photos from each honoree, take new photos of the 28- 30 year honorees in their workplaces, somehow show the names of all 250 people, use Agency promotional materials as backgrounds and create a slideshow that will make everyone feel good about spending the major part of their lifes working here.

Do any of you have any ideas? thoughts? If you do jot them down and share them with me. I'm not looking for a script. just ideas.

Thanks

Paul

cfeather

Suggestion

Postby cfeather » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:22 am

Ask each person to be honored to provide a favorite memory or story. It would be great it you could record them speaking it, otherwise, use text on the slides of them at work, in their early days on the job.

That would personalize the show and add humor (hopefully).

Also might ask them to provide their red-face moments, biggest blooper.

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:36 pm

Would it be possible if you work with them to carry a small tape recorder.And try to get a 8 to 10 second narrating from them.Like name and some tidbit. Just a thought
Steve

Return to Business Applications