Web Page For Photographers Freelance Work

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Web Page For Photographers Freelance Work

Postby alcain » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:03 pm

Does anyone know how to create a web page that would allow the visitor to input a refernce number, and then click submit, then that number would bring up his/her photograph? (Assuming that I gave the client the number and linked it to the correct photograph(s)... ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:18 pm

I've never tried this, so I apologize if I confuse the situation. I use a free software called JAlbum that has many different types of templates for creating photo galleries for web sites. I know that some of the templates have features such as a search function. I think what's required for those to work is to add keywords to the EXIF information of the images so a viewer can do a search using those keywords. I suppose in your case you could make a reference number your keyword and when the viewer does a search for that number all corresponding images will be selected. Hope that makes sense.

Like I said, I've never tried it, but I do remember seeing something like that. Give it a look and see if it's what you want without too much hassle.

Good luck!

Mike

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:25 pm

JAlbum has a linke to an EOS Electronic Ordering System template, I think it is $99.00

http://www.eostemplate.com/eos/index.html

here is the link. Let us know how it works.

Valued Member

Re: Web Page For Photographers Freelance Work

Postby Lin Evans » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:00 am

alcain wrote:Does anyone know how to create a web page that would allow the visitor to input a refernce number, and then click submit, then that number would bring up his/her photograph? (Assuming that I gave the client the number and linked it to the correct photograph(s)... ~al

The easiest way would be to simply create a separate folder for each of your clients. A folder can have a name which can be either alphabetic or numeric so you could easily devise a system of filing such as the initials of your client followed by the number of their home address. For example, let's say your client was named John R. Smith and he lived at 342 Main street. Then use jrs342 as your folder name. Inside each folder you would have generated an html page with thumbnails. You could use any of a number of programs to automate the process of creating the thumbnails with links to photos. Jalbum, Breezebrowser, cPicture, etc., all have autogenerating features which can easily generate the html code. Once the code is generated you simply create the folder name as above then copy the relevant code onto your site in the proper folder. You then give the client a link such as: "httm://www.mywebsite/jrs342" which would call up that page with images or image.

Of course there are numerous software programs which are designed as sales tools and so on, but the above method is an inexpensive alternative.

Best regards,

Lin

Return to Business Applications