Help please!

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Cindy

Help please!

Postby Cindy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:32 am

Hi All-

I am new here - I posted a short "HI" and bio here: http://www.itsmygallery.com/ProShow/vie ... php?t=1513

I am very new to this business, but have a great "fire" for it! I was hoping to get some tips from all of you talented people.

I would love to make a full-time venture of this!

Questions:

1) is anyone making a full-time living with their slideshow?
2) what were three best marketing tools?
3) I wish I had known.......

I would really appreciate any help that you are willing to share. This is such a wonderful place and I am thrilled to be here. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great day!

Postby marmart » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:25 am

Hi and welcome! You have found the right place for help and encouragement!

1. I do slideshows as a business - part time.

2. Best Marketing tools: Word of mouth, Schools, sports teams. Where we live all 6th grade classes do a cmmemorative video of their years in Elementary. This can be quite a lucrative market as are Sports teams. The only problem is having too many and usually they are all due the same time.

Wish I had known..... hmmm, I can't think of anything here. I bought a lot of programs before finding Proshow so maybe I wish I had found them sooner?? :lol:

Have fun with it!

Mary

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:30 am

Thanks Mary! The 6th grade memories sounds like a great idea! Who did you initially contact in regards to this - is it done by the teachers, parent group, individuals?

I think you are right - I have found a great resource here. Thanks again! Cindy

Postby marmart » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:48 pm

Hi Cindy,

In our town, there is usually a group - sometimes associated with the PTA, who organizes such things. I started by sending a brochure to each emelentary - we have 23 here. I only charge $20 per person, but usually the entire class buys it and sometimes there are even 2-3 6th grade classes, so there could be 60-90 kids. Each student can bring (5) of his own pix and then there are the pix taken at various functions and fieldtrips.

Anyway, it's fun. I have to attempt to get them to get al pix for scanning to me by the end of Dec. though - it gets way too hectic as they are all due at the same time.

Mary

Smaple show

Postby gkotoyan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:56 am

Hi Mary!

Could you please send a sample show you made for 6th grade classes? Here in Escondido, CA.
they like this idea but I never done show for schools. It would be so helpful!

Thanks a lot!

gkotoyan@hotmail.com

Return to Business Applications