How Many Projects Do You Average Per Month?

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

How Many Projects Do You Average Per Month?

Postby bmccollum » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:18 pm

For those of you that pursue slideshow DVD creation as a source of secondary (or even primary, for that matter) income, can you give me an idea of how many paid DVD projects you do per month on average throughout the year?

Still trying to hone some marketing efforts to target some potential slideshow DVD opportunities and just wanted to pick your brains.

Thanks...

feathermm

Re: How Many Projects Do You Average Per Month?

Postby feathermm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Zero in Five Years

Postby VidQueen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:12 am

When I did slide shows as my sole source of income (before Choice Backgrounds) I did 1 or 2 shows on a slow month and I remember having 14 to 17 in my busiest months (spring and Christmas).

My biggest marketing tip I give to everyone...stop trying to market for the single show (ie, Grandma's 80th birthday video). You make 1 show and only her family sees it. You want schools. You want graduations/sports events, etc. You make 1 show, get many many copy orders AND your audience is full of future customers. And the best part....the advertising is free :D

Finding a wedding coordinator is a good idea, too. Just jump into her list of vendors that she gives to all her brides.

Hope that helps!

Jennifer

Postby dvdsbybetsy » Wed May 12, 2010 11:16 am

My busiest months are December, March, April, May and June. Usually I average 14-20 jobs during these months. I work with corporations as well as individuals. My website has been helpful but "word of mouth" is always the best advertising.
I have now branched out and currently photograph parties then create the dvds. I find PE as a great source for getting new ideas.
It is usually feast or famine...this is my sole income. I have been blessed with repeat business. My advise to anyone who is doing this for a living is to; talk it up...tell everyone what you are doing, carry business cards, pass out brouchures, visit member sites.
I've owned my own business for almost six years...I love what I do and meeting people throughout the country.

Postby Astra » Wed May 12, 2010 12:14 pm

To dvdsbybetsy:
dvdsbybetsy wrote: ... // .... It is usually feast or famine... this is my sole income ...//... I've owned my own business for almost six years ... I love what I do and meeting people throughout the country.

WOW !!! Congratulations !!!

Alexandra

Return to Business Applications