Marketing to People for Wedding Reception Slideshows

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Marketing to People for Wedding Reception Slideshows

Postby bmccollum » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

I tend to think that wedding slideshows for a couple's rehearsal dinner or more likely their reception are popular.

My big thing though is how in the world to market my slideshow creation services to people getting married. There are literally millions of people getting married in the U.S. each year but I'm stumped on how to reach the largest audience with any sort of info. / marketing on my services.

Probably just hitting local weddings is the best idea initially.

Anyone out there have any experience w/targeting this specific event (weddings) and how you got your name out there to attract clients, etc?

Thanks...

Re: Marketing to People for Wedding Reception Slideshows

Postby HunnyB » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:38 pm

Here is what I think. Churches are great. At my church I get tons of these just by word of mouth.
You could pass out brochures/flyers at your local churches. You could put ads in your local newspaper.
And of course create a website. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby bmccollum » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks very much for the recommendations!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 pm

In addition to what Hunny mentioned, you could canvass the wedding photographers. There may be one or two who would like to farm that piece out. Also, you could get information on how to join the spring wedding shows. At least once or twice during the spring, all of the different cake vendors, halls, bands, etc. get together for a weekend gala where they hawk their wares to the new brides to be. That would be a show you might want to get in on.

Regards,
-Vernon

feathermm

Postby feathermm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:28 pm

Most wedding parties/families have at least one computer savvy person who puts together a show as a gift to the couple. As a wedding photographer, I have found no market for this product whatsoever. Nor is there a market for completed shows of the weddings.

Everyone is going the cheap route, the do-it-yourself route on weddings in this recession.

Postby AMD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 pm

One of our local bridal fairs this spring had a price tag of $1,000 for a small booth as well as a $100 donation for a drawing. It was just a bit too steep for me.

Ann

Return to Business Applications