How Much Business Generated Via Website

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

How Much Business Generated Via Website

Postby bmccollum » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Long story short is that I've been designing the occasional slideshow for various groups (milestone wedding anniversaries, school functions, high school class reunions, wedding receptions, etc.) for the past couple of years on the side just for fun and for some unexpected income.

I've just been doing this via word of mouth and really nothing more complex than that.

I'm thinking of investing some time & money into the development of a professional site to advertise / showcase what I do as to open-up the possibilities of doing some slideshow DVD creation to areas other than just my local area.

With this in mind, can any of you that have websites that advertise/showcase your services give me some ideas as to how many slideshow creation projects you end up picking up per month (on average) via people/groups that have found you via your respective websites?

Thanks... just trying to get some ideas here on what to possibly expect should I pursue creation of a website.

Re: How Much Business Generated Via Website

Postby bellzerr » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:27 am

Welcome to the forum!
You might find some helpful information in this similar thread:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13705&hilit=website
Mark

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: How Much Business Generated Via Website

Postby stickgirl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:50 am

If you read the posts in the link Mark provided, I don't believe any one claimed to be picking up any business from having a website, at least not those who are promoting shows.

A website is one avenue for you to display your work. If you pick up a job here and there, that would be a bonus, but I don't think I'd count on it for a continued source of income. Of course this is just my opinion.

Kathy

Return to Business Applications