PayPal Standard

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

PayPal Standard

Postby bellzerr » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:30 am

Hello all you PayPal merchants...
I've set up a PayPal business standard account but can't get it to do quite what I'd like. I'm planning to use two business names: Winking Fox Productions and Affordable Buzzers (nothing to do with ProShow). I'd like to use one bank account for both business ventures since both are in the start-up stages, but I don't want buyers to get confused by seeing "Winking Fox Productions" on the checkout page when they make a purchase under the "Affordable Buzzers" name.
---A simple BUY NOW button will do for both businesses.
---I've learned how to insert my own banner logo on the checkout page, but the name I registered with PayPal (Winking Fox Productions) shows up in the text of the checkout page.
---Another solution might be to use different email addresses as the top banner as Dave Fitzpatrick does with his products - but I can't make that work either. From my reading on PayPal, that feature seems available only to "individual" accounts, is that correct?

I'd certainly appreciate any help that would avoid the need for two bank accounts and two PayPal accounts.
Thanks!
Mark

Re: PayPal Standard

Postby cherub » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:39 am

Hi Mark,

By my understanding, each bank account needs to be associated with just one name. You can't have two names for the same bank account.

But, maybe I'm wrong in this, and the PayPal rules that apply to international merchants (that's me :D ), are not the same as for the American vendors.

Good luck with your ventures !

Postby bellzerr » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:52 am

Mona,
PayPal verified that it's one name per account. Do you think seeing "Winking Fox Productions" on this screen would disturb "Affordable Buzzer" buyers?
http://affordablebuzzers.com/freshsqueeze/images/checkout-screen.jpg

And how does Dave Fitzpatrick do this for his products - a different email/name for each product? Is this only possible with an "individual" PayPal account?
http://affordablebuzzers.com/freshsqueeze/images/checkout-screen-DF.jpg

Thanks,
Mark

Postby marmart » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:21 am

Hi Mark _- whenever I buy online, I use PayPal and sometimes I notice it will say...such and such is the name that will appear on your CC statement, which is usually not the name of the company I am buying from. So, you could add that notice for the one company maybe??

Postby bellzerr » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:26 am

marmart -
That sounds like a good idea... if I can figure out how to do it. You've seem this type of messaage on the PayPal checkout page?
Mark

Postby silverfox » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:43 am

Mark, One idea would be create a PayPal account with name like (ie) BellzerrCo and they you can use if for as many different businesses as you want.

Return to Business Applications