Sharing Virtual Tour

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
picturesinmotion

Sharing Virtual Tour

Postby picturesinmotion » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Okay, I started a business creating slideshows. I offer virtual tours for real estate agents. I got an acquaintance who is an agent to let me do a demo for her. The show is great, uploaded to youtube successfully, but how in the world do I get the show to her? She needs it emailed and needs to be able to use it on rmls.com

I have already created a flashshow, webshow, exe file, etc. etc. and they didn't work when she tried to open them. She cannot use the link to the youtube version, because apparently the show needs to be unbranded per rmls rules... She is also self proclaimed, not a techy person. She needs a simple way to get the show and put it on her website and rmls. Do I need to host the show on my server and have her link to it? What is the process? Please help!

Any suggestions would be great! Thank you!

Site Admin

Re: Sharing Virtual Tour

Postby MG - Admin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Without knowing what MLS software your client is using I can only assume a few things. I belong to the local MLS as a licensed agent so I'm familiar with the Rapattoni Metrolist software that we use here. Adding a virtual tour is nothing more than providing a link in the MLS software to a web address where the show is located. The format of those shows is a non-issue. The important thing is that your URL plays the virtual tour for the specific property without having to navigate to find it.

You can create an html page such as the ones I do like this sample: Virtual Tour Slide Show

I'm using a different method of playing the slide show rather than Presenter, but you can insert any form of presentation where I have mine playing. Like I said above, the format of the file isn't important as far as putting a show up on the page.

The real issue has to do with quality and ease of use. Using Presenter would be ideal, but there are two problems. One is that it requires installing the Presenter plug-in, and two, it isn't playable on a Mac. People still have trust issues when it comes to installing a plug-in, especially if they're not computer savvy. Also, not being able to play the show on a Mac is alienating a pretty good portion of her potential prospects.

Flash is very popular, but the quality isn't up to par with Presenter. It can be done, but you need to know what you're doing as far as settings and such to find a suitable quality that will also load quickly. If it takes too long to load you'll lose viewers.

If for some reason her MLS software does allow video files to be uploaded and hosted by the local MLS I would suggest asking her to find out what formats are acceptable. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is not possible, though.

Good luck!

Mike

Postby texan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:57 am

I too am a realtor in Dallas, TX. I create Virtual Tours for other agents and our MLS here allows me to enter the link right to the Photodex server. Presenter is still a requirement and the tour must be unbranded, however the market here loves the quality "and" the price.

There's really nothing locally here that can compete in terms of quality presentation and price.

Presenter (Plug-In) still scares some folks, but I also carry several sample tours to RE meetings on my I-Phone and that closes the deal..........

I'd recommend staying with the Photodex link, because of the quality.
Texan

Postby bellzerr » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:14 am

mgregg99 wrote:Flash is very popular, but the quality isn't up to par with Presenter. It can be done, but you need to know what you're doing as far as settings and such to find a suitable quality that will also load quickly.

Mike, can you provide details for this or have you already done so in another thread? I know there is a thread where you discussed loading a high-res show to the Photodex sharing site... is that all we'd need to know?

Thanks,
Mark

Postby bellzerr » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:15 am

Anybody care to share what kind of fees a show producer can expect from the real estate virtual tour market?
Mark

Postby texan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:30 am

I go to the property take 40-60 pictures (Burn them to a CD) create the Virtual tour and upload it to the MLS
all for $90. (2-3 day turn around)

I also provide the client DVDs of the tour ($5ea in groups of 5, and CDs (exe file) at $2ea in groups of 5)

Local competitors start at about $110 and go up from there.
Last edited by texan on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Texan

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:31 am

by texan on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:30 am
I go to the property takes 40-60 pictures (Burn them to a CD) create the Virtual tour and upload it to the MLS
all for $90. (2-3 day turn around)

Are you putting all 40-60 pictures necessarily in your show? :shock:

I don't remember seeing that many pictures in the average "tours" I've seen displayed by others. These are not ProShow productions though). They are typically just still photos that change with no music at all though. The maximum number of photos in those seem to average about 10-12.

Don't you pick the best and have a maximum number of images in your show?
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby debngar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:36 am

mgregg99 wrote:-snip-

You can create an html page such as the ones I do like this sample: Virtual Tour Slide Show-snip-

Mike

Nice work Mike! Are you using flash format for your show?
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:40 am

bellzerr wrote:
mgregg99 wrote:Flash is very popular, but the quality isn't up to par with Presenter. It can be done, but you need to know what you're doing as far as settings and such to find a suitable quality that will also load quickly.

Mike, can you provide details for this or have you already done so in another thread? I know there is a thread where you discussed loading a high-res show to the Photodex sharing site... is that all we'd need to know?

Mark:

Are you asking if I've posted settings for using a Flash presentation, or are you asking about embedding a Presenter show on a web page? I'm a bit confused.

I have not come up with Flash settings that provide acceptable quality that can also load quickly. It seems to be one or the other. Some people find a compromise that they can live with, but I haven't. In my opinion, Flash output works best with still images and simple transitions. Anything with some movement will show artifacts that detract from the viewing experience. Even the simple A/B transition doesn't fare well in Flash. The best thing to do is experiment and see if you can find something you can live with.

Mike

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:46 am

debngar wrote:Nice work Mike! Are you using flash format for your show?

Thanks!

The sample show above does use Flash, but not from ProShow. I'm using the same software that is used on my photo gallery on my regular web site. I use an iframe to embed the slide show and size it appropriately to hide everything other than the photos.

Mike

Postby bellzerr » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:50 am

I did confuse myself, didn't I?
My question was for Flash - my brain wondered over to your previous posts about hi-res Photodex sharing.
Your last post answered the Flash question. Thanks!
Mark

Postby texan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:31 am

40-60 Images.....clarification

I should have expanded a little on this........

I create a panorama image (5 Shots) for each major room........I then stitch these images together in photoshop
and create "movement" by panning the image.......the final product would have about 15-20 images

Here's a sample show (4 min)

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=137965
Texan

Postby bellzerr » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:41 am

Hey, I like that panning solution. You're using a std lens then, instead of wide angle? Views must love the transitions and slide styles in a show like this - elegance and pizazz! Nicely done. I'm calling the agent who sold me my house. :wink:
Mark

Postby texan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:36 am

bellzerr wrote:Hey, I like that panning solution. You're using a std lens then, instead of wide angle? Views must love the transitions and slide styles in a show like this - elegance and pizazz! Nicely done. I'm calling the agent who sold me my house. :wink:
Mark

As a matter of fact, I'm using an 18mm wide angle lens on a Nikon D90
Texan

Return to Business Applications