website intro

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Doc Pixel

website intro

Postby Doc Pixel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi!

New here.

I am in the process of designing an intro/commercial for a website I am am writing. Designing the "commercial/intro" in Proshow Producer is no problem- it's just about done. What I need to know is what method is the best format to create it in (I tried the flash option and really didn't like the quality of it). I want this intro to start playing immediately upon opening the page just like a flash intro would do. How do I do this? What is the process from output to website? And how to place it on site to make it function like a flash intro?

Thanks

Doc Pixel

Re: website intro

Postby Doc Pixel » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:20 am

10 days this post has been up and nobody has a clue, eh? Wow. Who woulda thought?

Re: website intro

Postby ginger » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:51 am

Hi,

I would think Flash would be the best option. Most people have it and would not have to agree to download an additional plugin (Presenter) to be able to view the page. This is especially important for the home page.

Personally I would try to get the file size down (as much as you can without losing any image quality) and output it in flash, and reserve "commercial type slideshows ... with large image file sizes, lots of transitions and music" for interior pages of a site where the visitor has the option to agree to install an additional plugin. This way they can access the most important information without having to install a plugin or wait for a large file to load before it will run smoothly.

Besides that, big "animated intros" have gone out of fashion some time ago ... mainly for the reasons I described ... usability.

ginger

Return to Business Applications