New Startup

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
shoebox

New Startup

Postby shoebox » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:00 pm

Hello everyone,

Just starting up this company, my wife and I have done several shows for familes and friends, and have been talking about this for a while now. Just recently started up the company to see if it will take-off. Looking for suggestions and comments. Have been reading alot here. Some excellent advise and critiques. Here is our website, now advertising with Google and locals. Let me know what you think? Looking to add the "New Demo" that has some really exciting things in it. Will have it added within a couple of hours.

http://www.shoeboxcreations.com/

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:56 pm

Eli,

Very nice website ............ I was able to watch some of the shows before Photodex had problems. Just a few thoughts: Your demo show opened in a new page and the screen for the show was small and over in the upper left hand corner. Since none of your other demos were like that, I'm assuming there is a problem. Also, I tried to have people look at my shows (real estate tours) on my website using the Photodex Presenter. Most said they wouldn't down load it. (maybe you'll have better luck) You have an exe file on one show ..... and almost no one will down load an exe file because of the threats of a virus. You may want to consider converting your shows to mpg video or as I did, Flash video.

I would be interested in hearing from you if you run into the same issues of using the Presenter as I did. You have a very good looking product and I hope you get tons of business from it ...... I'm sure all in the group would like to hear how the site does.

Bob

shoebox

Postby shoebox » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:36 pm

Bob,
Thanks for the response. I fixed the Demo, I was rushing to put it up. I just finished the website about 2wks ago. I also have run into some issues with people not wanting to install the Photodex. I'm working on a different delivery format that is not so heavy web-wise. I did the site myself, thaks for your comments.

Return to Business Applications