Website as a sales tool

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Re: Website as a sales tool

Postby trulytango » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:32 am

Hi there

I use Wordpress too, and I find it perfectly adequate for my current needs. As my products to date have been aimed at Producer users, I have simply provided links to Photodex samples... but since I branched out into the traditional scrapbook market I also embedded a Youtube sample for people arriving at my Scrapbook page.

Patty... do you intend to leave your strapline as 'Just another Wordpress blog'? You can replace that with your own text quite easily in Wordpress's general blog settings. I like the blog template you are using. It is very much in keeping with the memories/heirloom theme.

All the best
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby AMD » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:56 am

I, too, am using a blog with embedded YouTube shows. I prefer completing shows only for people with whom I might personally interface so am creating shows mainly for people in my immediate area. I have followed Iris' lead and am using a blog. I am also using the blog to direct my friends and relatives to shows. I did buy a domain name to make it a bit easier to put on a business card or to tell someone so that they might remember. I will decide later whether to leave WordPress and go to a regular Web host.

Ann

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:16 am

Thanks Iris, I changed that tag line to mine.
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Postby bellzerr » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:24 am

trulytango wrote:...but since I branched out into the traditional scrapbook market...

Hi Iris,
I don't anticipate a personal interest in the "scrapbook" market, but I am curious. Is this something folks are looking for more now? What elements make a show a scrapbook? All the backgrounds and frame treatments? Can you point me to a couple of scrapbook shows?
Thanks,
Mark

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:43 am

Mark,

That is really why I decided it was OK to go with the Blog vs the website for now. It really looks like and does what I need it to do.
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:53 am

Mark,

This is a great show that shows alot of scrapbooking elements.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13104

Personally, I love scrapbooking elements in shows and once I dipped into, is quite addictive.
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:55 am

If and when anyone decides to get a dedicated domain name, it's easy to transfer the blog and it's contents over to the domain so it is part of the web site. I've done this with my blog. It's still a Wordpress template, but now it just integrates into my site as being part of it and not just an extra.

Mike

Postby trulytango » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:15 am

bellzerr wrote:I don't anticipate a personal interest in the "scrapbook" market, but I am curious. Is this something folks are looking for more now? What elements make a show a scrapbook? All the backgrounds and frame treatments? Can you point me to a couple of scrapbook shows?
Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark

The reason I pointed you in the direction of my site was simply to show you that I operate my small business from a blog rather than a full blown website. However, in answer to your question I would say that as an alternative, or maybe even an accompaniment to a traditional printed scrapbook, a slideshow using the same theme, style and elements can work very well and it is simply an area I am exploring at present :D

Hopefully my Javea Scrapbook will do two things... 1) give traditional/digital scrappers a look at what can be achieved in ProShow... and 2) give slide show makers a good example of what can be achieved with a digital scrapbooking kit.

TTFN
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Previous

Return to Business Applications