Good Name for Slideshow Website / Business

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

Good Name for Slideshow Website / Business

Postby bmccollum » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:17 am

Long story short here is that I'm thinking about creating a website to showcase the side-work that I do as far as slideshow DVD creation for various groups such as...

--- high school class reunions
--- retirement celebrations
--- school groups
--- weddings
--- milestone wedding anniversaries
--- etc...

I've been racking my brain and am having trouble coming up with anything name-wise or website name-wise... there are so many other slideshow creation sites out there and a lot of great/unique names are already taken.

Off the top of anyone's heads, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Good Name for Slideshow Website / Business

Postby wmcgraw » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:17 am

Reel Life Memories

ReelLifeMemories.com is even available

Like it?

OK you owe me a name next time I need one

Walker

Postby bmccollum » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:29 am

Good one... I *like* it! I'll have to roll that one around in my head a little bit.

Thanks!!!!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:10 am

I have an unused domain name--Slide-Works.com--that you can have if you want. I bought it when I thought I'd be doing slide shows for a business, but then I changed my entire focus. So there sits the name.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby bmccollum » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:33 am

Thanks regarding the information / offer for www.slide-works.com. I may very well purchase that domain from you... still thinking through some other names though, but will get back to you if I end up deciding to do something w/your domain.

Thanks again!

dlvery

Postby dlvery » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:59 am

When I was naming my business, I did research on the internet on how to go through the process of naming your business. You may want to google or check out ehow.com and they will give you very good ideas on how to name your business. I had columns and columns of words until I found which combinations I liked best.
then I visited godaddy.com and searched for available domain names. If what I liked wasnt available, they did make recommendations for others close to the original.

Good luck!

Diane

Postby HunnyB » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:11 pm

What about McCollum Memories :D
or Memories by McCollum

I don't feel good today, so forgive me......lol
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

gia0000000

Postby gia0000000 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:28 am

I like seeing the creative minds at work! I too am struggling with a business name. I'd love a name that is soft and warm, makes you feel cozy and makes you smile when you see it but could still be taken seriously, for example, I create videos of properties for real estate agents. What name could be both personal and professional at the same time?

Your sage advice is VERY welcome!

Gia

Postby bellzerr » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:15 am

Welcome Gia!
Tell us more about how you use ProShow for real estate. What's your pitch to agents? Do you go after firms that have nothing in terms of virtual tours now or do you promote the benefits of Proshow instead of existing virtual tours they might use? And don't forget to tell them to carry and iTouch loaded up with all your shows,

For names, how about...
Welcome Home Productions
Welcome Home Virtual Tours
Your New Home Productions... Videos, Tours, Shows etc.
Home Tour Productions... etc.
Visible Home Tour Productions... etc.
Professional Home Tour Productions... etc.

Tag line: Just like being there

Good luck with your business,
Mark

Postby HunnyB » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:52 am

Years ago I ran a graphic business out of my home. It was called "Creative Type".
I loved that name. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

dlvery

Postby dlvery » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:49 am

You guys are GOOD! I love Welcome Home Productions. I searched and searched for a name with "Treasures" in it when I was putting together my business name. In the end I didnt want it to be 3 words long, so I chose Photo Journey. I think it defines the actual work that I do well.

Let us know what you folks end up with. And good luck!

Diane

Postby bellzerr » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:59 am

Actually, welcomehomeproductions.com is taken, .net is available.
WelcomeHomeVirtualTours.com and HomeTourProductions,com are both available. Gee, maybe I should register them quick. :wink:
Mark

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:22 pm

I think finding the right name for my business was one of the more fun things I did. But it can be frustrating. Before I really got into it and did my homework, I came up with the name Memories in Motion and thought that was just fab! Apparently, I didn't think anyone else would have come up with such a fab name before me. :oops:
I think the harder thing to come up with is a logo. I love the logo that Family Heritage Production has.

I can't think of a thing to use. Does anyone else use a logo?
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Postby duglas50 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Patty,
Thanks for the compliment on my logo. I wish I could take credit for the design but I purchased it from a design company. I didn't like the background color however, so I changed that. It was some god awful yellow color. Actually, it's a video that I use in all of my productions and I captured one of the frames for use as my logo. I agree with you, finding a logo is the hard part. I searched for months until I found one and when I saw this one I new right then and there that it was the one.

Doug
Family Heritage Photography
http://www.familyheritagephotography.com
    Producer 5.0, Photoshop Elements 14, Lightroom 6, Adobe Premiere Elements 9, Topaz Adjust, Portrait Professional, On1 Photo 10, ImgBurn, Audacity, Nikon D7200, D5000

dlvery

Postby dlvery » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:01 am

I worked on my own logo for quite some time, but since it is so important I decided to use a professional. I worked with logoloft.com and was happy in the end. Price wasnt too bad. They offer packages according to what you can afford.

Diane

Next

Return to Business Applications