Funeral Parlor Market

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
feathermm

Re: Funeral Parlor Market

Postby feathermm » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:28 pm

I talked to a local funeral directory who has his crematorium next to the parking lot where I work. The ashes from the stack are usually on our cars when we come out from work at night. It's weird because you are constantly reminded at the end of a day that you've just wasted another day of your life at work and you're one day closer to the stack and being ashes on your co-workers' cars ...

At any rate ...

He said they transmit photos to a place on the West Coast, they put it together using very stock music, flower pictures, etc., between images, send it back to them. Cost is around $40. It would be hard to compete with that on price, and this is a price takes all market.

He said the real need is for someone who would use the family's choice of music, favorite commercial songs in a show. I'm not going there for copyright reasons. So in my market it is a dead subject.

Re: Funeral Parlor Market

Postby AMD » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Touche', Carl!

Your post gave me a good belly laugh which, according to the experts, may extend my life a few minutes!

Thanks for the chuckle.

Ann

Previous

Return to Business Applications