Amplified Speaker System Suggestions....

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
Valued Member

Amplified Speaker System Suggestions....

Postby pja » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:28 pm

I recently set up my slide show at a sweet 15, quinceanos, birthday party and my current amplified speaker system was, or seemed, a little inadequate. The hall was medium in size, about 200-250 people, not sure if that is considered medium, but my point being not all, from what I could tell, could hear the slide show.

Let me first say, I rarely extend myself out on setting up slide shows because my equipment is not quite the best and my client used me as the last resort, because I was upfront about my equipment when she hired me. So, I want to upgrade my amplified speaker system which about 100 watts…! Any suggestions on some reason systems…?
Is there a system that can pump out enough sound for such an event in this price range..?

P.S. I usually hook up my portable DVD player or my laptop to my amplified system.
Smile... why not! You are online and no one can see!

Alkaye

Postby Alkaye » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:16 pm

I bought VIDSonix off ebay and they are great. you have to buy two but one fills the room of 250 people

one pair is $399

Re: Amplified Speaker System Suggestions....

Postby Yanis » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:14 am

pja wrote:I recently set up my slide show at a sweet 15, quinceanos, birthday party and my current amplified speaker system was, or seemed, a little inadequate. The hall was medium in size, about 200-250 people, not sure if that is considered medium, but my point being not all, from what I could tell, could hear the slide show.

Let me first say, I rarely extend myself out on setting up slide shows because my equipment is not quite the best and my client used me as the last resort, because I was upfront about my equipment when she hired me. So, I want to upgrade my amplified speaker system which about 100 watts…! Any suggestions on some reason systems…?
Is there a system that can pump out enough sound for such an event in this price range..?

P.S. I usually hook up my portable DVD player or my laptop to my amplified system.

Hello pja,

I'm not sure what your budget is but check this link: http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VI ... wave_index

It looks like a very good mobile sound solution. I'd check in your area for a Bose outlet store so you can check it out. I can't endorse the product as I do not own it but Bose is a pretty decent sound system company. I've owned Bose speakers before and was very satisfied with them.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace,
Yanis :D

Postby czali » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:23 am

Yanis,

Just a thought... For an event such as that where there might be a DJ. Ask if you can hook up to thier system. They can probably do it wireless. Just make sure you ask ahead of time.

Colleen

Postby Yanis » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:44 pm

czali wrote:Yanis,

Just a thought... For an event such as that where there might be a DJ. Ask if you can hook up to thier system. They can probably do it wireless. Just make sure you ask ahead of time.

Colleen

I agree Colleen. I was just giving pja an idea of possible solutions to events that may not have a DJ.

As a matter of fact, I have a show I'm showing in L.A. for my father-in-laws 70th b-day celeb and I made arrangements with the DJ that I am hooking up a DVD player to their system.

Peace,
Yanis :D

Sound system

Postby MayorG » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:29 am

I have a 75 watt per channel Onkyo receiver that I use with 2 Acoustech Cinema series HT64 8" 2 ways. I know it sounds small however onkyo and harmon kardon have true high current amps. The acoustech line is a spin of of klipsch. I have a 2500 watt 14 speaker surround system that shakes the house. I have not blown a speaker yet and between me and my daughter, the acoustechs get a workout. I use speaker stands to help spread the sound while at a job, they are inexpensive on ebay at about $75.00 per pair.. I was very skeptical about these speakers, however once I got a set of towers I ordered the whole set. I have 3 powered subs, 4 towers, 4 surround, a front chanell, and 2 extra surround speakers that mount directly into the ceiling.
They sound great!!

By the way..if you watch buy.com and ecost.com , you can catch an onkyo or harmon kardon receiver for as little as $100.00.

Here is a link to acoustech .... best of luck. Hope this helps! Greg

http://bicacoustechspeakers.com/closeup ... 1&offset=0

Return to Business Applications