home video projectors

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.

home video projectors

Postby NightshadeDesigns » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:17 pm

Does anyone use a video projector to show their shows? I'm thinking about investing in one eventually for my business so my shows can easily be played at weddings and funerals.
Would love any advice that can be thrown at me.

Re: home video projectors

Postby debngar » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:53 am

I think there may be some threads that discussed this in Odds and Ends. Try looking there and scan the topics if no one replies. It's been a while since I remember this subject coming up though.... :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Many people have done it. I've done it a few times and it works fine. There's nothing special as far as ProShow is concerned, a good one for general use with a PC will work fine. Keep in mind that you're never going to get the kind of quality out of a machine that costs a few hundred dollars that one of the high end, middle 5 figures, machine can do though.

There's lots of info online about selecting one and tons of reviews. One key parameter you have to know is how much light (lumens) it will have to produce and the throw distance. Big numbers in either/both case mean bigger prices.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby becky_calif » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:19 pm

We've had an LCD Commercial Panasonic (Model # PT-L735NTU) for several years and love it. The luminosity is 2600 with throw distance of about 40 feet. We've used it up and down California for a few years now, has shown it works great in a home settings to large ballrooms, convention and reception halls. We also have a large screen we use with it. It's nice to have our own equipment. We also have speakers, but not suitable for large halls. In those situations it's been more productive to just use speakers that a DJ has set up. Hope this information helps.
Becky
Becky

Return to Business Applications