making a sample DVD

Run your own business? Want to start one? Discuss business applications of ProShow Gold and Producer here.
laura

making a sample DVD

Postby laura » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:46 pm

Hope someone out there can help me with this. I want to make a sample DVD and I am not sure how to go about it. I have only done a couple of show's for clients and the rest are ones I did for myself of family. What I want to know is can I use my slideshows that I have made for clients? I only want to include part of the shows of what I have done. Since I made the show is it mine or is it better to be courtious and ask the client if I can use their shows to promote my business. I was thinking that the next show I do I would get the client to sign an agreement that I could use their shows. There is so much legal issues out there and I am not sure what to do. Also how to you copyright your work. At the end of my shows I add my business name at the end. Is that all there is to it. I know there will be people out there that will make copies themselves but as for now I have been lucky and I have been asked to make copies of the shows I have done.

Laura

sumgrl19

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:16 pm

When I have a customer fill out an order form, there is always a release form attached. They can give or deny permission to use their images and slideshow. If you would like this word file, I can email it to you...I have one for adults and one for children.

If you are wanting to get some good FREE royalty free photos...you can visit the site I use... www.sxc.hu They have a great selection of wonderful photographs.

I hope this helps!

-Jessica

laura

Postby laura » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:59 pm

Thanks Jessica for your reply. That would be great if you could email me the word file. I am also going to check out the royalty free photos site that you mentioned.

Laura

sumgrl19

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:56 pm

Laura,

I sent you an email with the forms. I hope they are what you are looking for!

-Jessica

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:45 am

Laura

I think Jessica has answered your first question about usage of the show.

There is little you can do to prevent clients copying your show, DVD protection can be expensive and if it is cheap, the disc can be copied by available software.

Ensure you make your required profit by the time you have given the client the first DVD. If they come back to you for more DVD's so much the better, but you already have the money. Remember if they copy it (and the show is good) and you have your contact address and phone number in the credits it is FREE advertising.

Brian

Order form

Postby gkotoyan » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:16 am

Hi Jessica,

Could you please email your order form to me ? Thanks!

Gayr

Order form

Postby gkotoyan » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:16 am

Hi Jessica,

Could you please email your order form to me ? Thanks!

gk

Postby nannybear » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:19 am

Hi Jessica!
Could I also have a copy please. thanks Jan

nannybear@shaw.ca
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Lynnie

Postby Lynnie » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:41 pm

Hi Jessica,

Could I also please have a copy of your word file?

Thanks,
Lynnie

eadys@dodo.com.au

sumgrl19

Postby sumgrl19 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:00 pm

Lynnie,

The forms should be in your email any time now. I hope they will work for you!

-Jessica

Postby akandrews » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:15 pm

Jessica, I would also like the file if you are still sharing it.

Thanks!

rere

Still sharing?

Postby rere » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:04 am

Jessica,
I just came across this post and I was wondering if you still have the file discussed? If you do and your still sharing, can you please email me one?
Thank you :D
Rere

Re: Still sharing?

Postby jeanc » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:18 am

rere wrote:Jessica,
I just came across this post and I was wondering if you still have the file discussed? If you do and your still sharing, can you please email me one?
Rere

Me too :)

Thanks,
Jean

Re: Still sharing?

Postby jeanc » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:25 am

rere wrote:Jessica,
Rere

Rere,
I'm fairly new here, but I just came across this info also and thought it might be faster to email Jessica. In case you didn't see, at the bottom of her post there is a little square that says "email". Just click that and you can request the file. That is what I just did. I thought since it was an older thread it might be faster this way.
Good Luck,
JeanC

cfeather

Sample DVD

Postby cfeather » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:48 am

I put together a sample DVD for my wedding business. Two of the shows on the DVD are posted at the sharing site. Look for feathermm.

Next

Return to Business Applications