Portrait and Portrait/Landscape Templates

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Portrait and Portrait/Landscape Templates

Postby cruiseteachers » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:25 pm

I have worked extensively in PS Gold, but am new to Producer. In trying to learn keyframes, I appreciate the many templates available, and I am using them as learning tools. It seems, however, that almost all of the templates are for landscape pictures. I often mix landscape and portrait pictures in a show, and/or I have a string of landscapes followed by a string of portraits.

Is there an easy way to change the orientation of the pictures in the templates?

Should I edit all of my portraits and make them landscapes?

Is there a template that mixes landscapes and portraits?

I'll watch for an answer.

Thanks to all.

Italiamipiace

Re: Portrait and Portrait/Landscape Templates

Postby Italiamipiace » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:25 am

The fastest way is to edit your landscape template in a portrait template. As all the layers, key frames, motions and effects are already in place, you only have to change the orientation of your images.
You do that for every layer of your template in the Editing tab of the Slide Options, with the Rotate option. By right clicking in this option, you can ‘Copy rotation to the other layers’. Makes work easy.
Some dimensions adjustments may be necessary to keep all things going smooth.
Save this new template under another name.

How to mix both templates?
Start a New project; load the Landscape and Portrait templates. They will open in a separate tab above the folder list. Now you can copy from one tab to the other. Let say you copy your Portrait template in the Landscape template. Now you can save this mixed show as a new template.

Of course there are other ways for mixing them.
Open your Landscape template, copy/paste all slides at the end of this template, make your changes in these copies and now you have a mixed template that you can save under another name.
Hope this will help you
Cheers

Alex

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates