Seasonal Spin

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Re: Seasonal Spin

Postby sarat » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:29 am

Ok Guys,,, I have been lurking here for a while and have learned a lot! Since I am three days older than dirt, it take me a little longer! I just loved this template and after several hours of goofin I wrote to Iris. She was so helpful but still no joy. Cliff's way worked for me. The grand kids heads are spinning...this is going to make a fun show to share with them!! No smail mail greetings this year. Family getting a Seasonal Spin instead! Thanks to all of the group for the info and help! Big Good On YA!!

Postby trulytango » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:41 am

Hi Sara!

I'm very pleased you hung in there and now you're spinning away... tell me, does the overwritten template still show your image in odd places momentarily? Mine does at this end... but odd things happen to me all the time.

Season's Greetings
Iris :D

Postby sarat » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:03 pm

No mine not showing up in the bow layer at all when drag it in and you can go to slide options and drag or select there into the image layer and no bow overwrite! I am the queen of strange and odd!

Postby nannybear » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:17 pm

Way to go Iris!! Happy Xmas to us! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby ivalirene » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:00 pm

Must add my thanks to the list. I do a Christmas show for my daughter of her family each year and this will really spice it up. Thanks for sharing your talents. Irene

cindi

Postby cindi » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:50 pm

I need some help...I've recently purchased a new computer with Windows Vista & I need direction as to where to store my templates so I can open them. I have PSP. Thanks. Cindi

Postby nannybear » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Used the spin in the beginning of my card! Thank you so much Iris.....the book will come later....D
spent all day revamping the web site ( since 6:30 this morning ), doing a photo shoot, cooking dinner and looking after people! I know I bring it on mesarf!!
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby trulytango » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:52 am

Good morning Cindi and Jan :D

Cindi - I recommend you use Producer's Import feature to get your templates into the software on the new machine. It's quick and easy and avoids you having to poke about in hidden folders, pasting to a specific location.
Go to Show>Show Templates>Import and simply point PSP to the current location of your template(s).

Of course, if you still have the templates on an older machine... you'll first need to Export them into a new folder to transfer them to your new machine - Go to Show>Show Templates>Export and export them to a new folder ready to transfer to you new machine.

There's a section on templates in the Forum Book - you'll find that via the main Board Index under Member Created Files... the Book outlines the two locations that PSP actually uses to store templates, if you prefer to paste them in bulk.

Hope that helps :D

Jan - I'm going in search of your card right now - I'm afraid I've not been keeping up of late :lol:

Talk soon
Iris

Valued Member

Postby u7mg0 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:52 am

can you possibly have a link to a project file i can download where i can just replace your photos with mine? the template did not work... had a large diagaonal red stripe, bow pic replaced by my photo, everything not lining up correctly. i want to use this for a show i am doing for my Christmas party. i was using PSP 3.5 and now 4.0 and am frustrated i can't get this great idea to work. thanks

trulytango wrote:Sheila... take a look at Cliff's reply above. By the way, are you running version 3.5 fully updated? Just asking as I have another lady hitting a brick wall this one :? This template was created in version 3.1.2018. I honestly cannot explain what is going on in later versions at another user's end. Sorry :(

Cliff... yes you are quite right that opening the template, locating the missing files and then saving as a template again - i.e. overwriting the original one, will mean it loads up good and ready subsequent times... but I'm not sure it will do away with this problem for everyone? You know what?... I don't think Photodex ever envisaged a community of people creating and sharing templates, created with various versions. They were probably aiming at folk buying their own Media source, the focus of which is on themes rather than motion techniques, so I think we are stuck with the glitches when we share new ideas.

However, a lot can be learned from templates... in this case, how a circular image can be created using a square crop in conjunction with the vignette settings and how unlocking the X & Y axis can lead to interesting and hopefully, useful effects.

This spinning thing was not hard to create from scratch... some of you might need to just take the elements on board, bite the bullet and recreate the effect if the template refuses to behave. There are no keyframes to contend with, all that is basically going on is that the image on a particular layer alternates between being as skinny as the X axis will allow and being as wide as it needs to be before it distorts. That's all there is to it :wink:

But... if anyone wants a .psh file/show snippet rather than a full blown template, I'll add a download link later. That's about as far as I can go. Just take care to save a copy first... because if you're anything like me then it's bound to get overwritten and you're back to square 1. :roll:

TTFN
Iris

Postby trulytango » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:40 am

Hi u7mg0

If you go back to the Member Created Files section (from where you downloaded the original template) you will see that i also provided a .psh file for anyone wishing to bypass the template - which seems hell-bent on misbehaving :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9698

Look for the link named Show Snippet zip

Hope that helps
Iris

Valued Member

Postby u7mg0 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:25 pm

thank you for the link. however, it still replaces the bow when i replace the second layer pic with my pic. the pic also appears instead of the bow in the frames. Any ideas?

Postby cherub » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:51 am

The template does not work in Ver. 3.5 and ver. 4.0
Iris used a feature of a previous version of Producer (match layer) which does not work in the newer versions, and also interferes with the function of replacing the pictures.

I took the liberty of remaking the template to suit Ver. 3.5 and Ver. 4.0, and I also used this template to learn how to create Slide Styles for Producer 4 (Thank you Iris !!!!!)

My versions are posted the Members Created Files: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9973#p81273

Postby guarneri » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:44 pm

I downloaded the new one that goes in the styles and imported it into version 4 and it works great!
These styles remind me of actions in photoshop. They way people can create them and then import them into the program.
Thank you to all who worked on the seasonal spin and have created it for us to use. It will be very nice in the Christmas show I create after Christmas with the Christmas photos for the family to have as memories.

Postby cherub » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:02 pm

guarneri wrote:I downloaded the new one that goes in the styles and imported it into version 4 and it works great!
These styles remind me of actions in photoshop. They way people can create them and then import them into the program.
Thank you to all who worked on the seasonal spin and have created it for us to use. It will be very nice in the Christmas show I create after Christmas with the Christmas photos for the family to have as memories.

Great!
I was looking forward to someone testing my very first Slide Style created in Producer 4.0 ! :D :D :D

Postby L.B. » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:50 pm

Regarding the linked picture/bow problem mentioned earlier, I have this exact same problem with only some of the paired pictures in the Seasonal Spin template and in a show I saved from the template.

Certainly there is a way to "unlink" the bow from the affected picture. Where to you access the link option if you were creating a template? Maybe digging around there I can find a way to "unlink".

Any help would be appreciated. I will try the above workaround but it doesn't look like it will apply to a show already made. (Unless I move the pics and make it hunt for them)

I'll also download and try the new version of 4.0 posted in the members files section but this template and show was working OK orignally, then this issue shoed up.

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates