Seasonal Spin

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Esteemed Member

Re: Seasonal Spin

Postby jbetta » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:23 am

Sensationally seasonal! Love it. It's going to be so useful.
Your so generous to share this.

Joyce

Postby trulytango » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:59 am

Hello everyone :D

Mike has now put the template in the Member Created Files area of the Forum - hope it adds a Seasonal feel to some of your shows!

Iris

PS - HunnyB and Linda, love those new avatars - how come you two are getting younger???

And a note to The President - many a true word spoken in jest :lol: :lol: :lol: And the celebrations aren't over yet - catching up with some Girlfriends tonight... and I have work n the morning too :cry:

Postby HunnyB » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:57 pm

Iris - I assure you I am NOT getting younger. Just lucky this picture was decent. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby newtcruiser » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Believe me Iris, I am not getting any younger. My kids talked my hubby and I into having a family photo (including our dog) taken at their school. We haven't had a professional pic taken since we were married so I guess it was about time. I just cut my head out and "voila" my new avatar. Thanks for noticing.

Linda :lol:

Postby weldr » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:55 pm

Thanks Iris, This will be my first new template since reformatting. Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Esteemed Member

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:07 am

Thanks for sharing.

I created one for my son, here is my take on your Seasonal Spin.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=3055371&alb=0

Have a nice Christmas.

Cliff
Canon 60D, Photoshop CS5, ProShow Producer 7

Postby trulytango » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:31 am

Hi Cliff :D

Nice work with the ribbon! - it really does look like it's hanging amongst the branches of the tree 8) Have you made this little show to use as an e-Greeting, I do rather like the idea.

Thanks for showing me what you did with it - I used the effect as a sort of 'finale' to a big show I was working on this last month. It was a 70th birthday show and I used a series of portraits of the birthday boy from birth to 70 years set to the tune of 'Happy Birthday to You'.

TTFN
Iris

Postby ChrissyC » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:01 pm

Hey Cliff Nice Job!!! that is just perfect for an online card!!! stamps are so darn expensive I think I might snag your idea and make one to send out!! Very nice job! :D
Chrissy

Postby newtcruiser » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi Chrissy

That is just what I am trying to do, but I have run into a snag. The show I made for my son is 1gb as I used the AVI snow and font files from Highlighter Pro. I think the file is too large to use in an email as an oline card. I don't know what to try as I don't understand a lot of that stuff. Maybe I should just delete the AVIs, but they are so neat.

Linda :lol:

Postby trulytango » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:51 pm

Hi Linda

I'm not familiar with Dave's HLP - any mention of AVI's makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. LOL.

I recall recently that Gavin Hoey (photogavin) did quite nice video tutorial re a snow effect using a snow png/overlay in Gold. The overlay was created in Photoshop.

For an online greetings card I'm sure it'd be ideal... I'll have look and see if I can find it and post the link.

TTFN
Iris :D

Quick Update:
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9297&p=75563#p75563

Postby trulytango » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Hello there

Templates are strange little beasts... they can misbehave at times and this one is no exception. Anyone else had a problem with their chosen image appearing in place of the bow (as well as the intended circular element) during the drag and drop action? It does so at this end prior to the 'drop' and remains there for a split second afterwards... I assumed it was a glitch at my end, but it does the same for someone else too.

Despite this annoyance, the drag and drop (and wait and see what happens) method is the way to go with this one... just make sure you have dragged your image to the circular placeholder and remain there whilst you drop and you should be OK after a few seconds...

You can't win 'em all... :roll:
TTFN
Iris

Very Cool!

Postby SandyB » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:35 am

Iris ~
This is very cool! So glad you imagined it, created it and shared it.
You're the best!
BIG Thanks and Holiday Cheer!
Sandy
Connecting Who You Are With What You Love To Do

Esteemed Member

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:26 am

I did originally have a problem with several pictures being linked together.

When I tried to imput my image, it also replaced the ribbon pic as well.

I have had this type of behavor occur before with some of the templates that I have downloaded.

To get around the problem I found that after loading in the template, which prompted me to locate the missing files(the ribbon and bow), if I saved the template using the same name, overwriting the original, then reload it, the problem went away. When saving the template, you are asked if you want to keep the linkage (or something like that) say yes so that when you drop the image into the first slide, it will be loaded in to the next one as well.

Also, when I reload the template, it no longer prompts for missing files.

Hope this makes sense, and helps.

Regards

Cliff
Canon 60D, Photoshop CS5, ProShow Producer 7

Postby guarneri » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:46 am

This is a lovely template. Thank you very much for sharing!
I am having some difficulty. I can only get Producer to load the pst file and then I find the images when it asks me.

Then when I drag the picture into the first frame it takes over the ribbon too and leaves me with 2 photos? I see the name of the frame is ribbon.png
I have never uploaded templates before so I am probably doing something incorrectly.

Postby trulytango » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 am

Sheila... take a look at Cliff's reply above. By the way, are you running version 3.5 fully updated? Just asking as I have another lady hitting a brick wall this one :? This template was created in version 3.1.2018. I honestly cannot explain what is going on in later versions at another user's end. Sorry :(

Cliff... yes you are quite right that opening the template, locating the missing files and then saving as a template again - i.e. overwriting the original one, will mean it loads up good and ready subsequent times... but I'm not sure it will do away with this problem for everyone? You know what?... I don't think Photodex ever envisaged a community of people creating and sharing templates, created with various versions. They were probably aiming at folk buying their own Media source, the focus of which is on themes rather than motion techniques, so I think we are stuck with the glitches when we share new ideas.

However, a lot can be learned from templates... in this case, how a circular image can be created using a square crop in conjunction with the vignette settings and how unlocking the X & Y axis can lead to interesting and hopefully, useful effects.

This spinning thing was not hard to create from scratch... some of you might need to just take the elements on board, bite the bullet and recreate the effect if the template refuses to behave. There are no keyframes to contend with, all that is basically going on is that the image on a particular layer alternates between being as skinny as the X axis will allow and being as wide as it needs to be before it distorts. That's all there is to it :wink:

But... if anyone wants a .psh file/show snippet rather than a full blown template, I'll add a download link later. That's about as far as I can go. Just take care to save a copy first... because if you're anything like me then it's bound to get overwritten and you're back to square 1. :roll:

TTFN
Iris

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates