Help needed editing Eagle Rays Template-all images identical

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
xberg

Help needed editing Eagle Rays Template-all images identical

Postby xberg » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:53 am

Hi,

I am very impressed with the eagle rays template and would like to use it for my slide shows. However when I try to delete some sequence to keep only my favorite ones I stumble on the following problem: every simgle image becomes the same. In other words the template is for a single image - anywhere I add an image it copies that image in every single other slide - not great :)

How should I do to delete some template slides but keep the possibility to have a show with several images?

I hope I'm clear...

thanks!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Help needed editing Eagle Rays Template-all images identical

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:44 pm

The Eagle Rays Template is awesome. Michelle Funk did this community a great favor with that one. The problem with repeating images crept in with the new release of ProShow. What is necessary is to fix it is the following:

1. Open the Eagle Rays template
2. Save the open show as a template. Show/Show Templates/Save as Template
3. When this is done ProShow says it will "Remove all Show Contents". Since the show is empty, this is OK.
4. Give the show a new name (e.g. Eagle Rays - Unlinked) or what ever you would like.
5. In the next step, ProShow will ask if you want to "Keep Layers Linked?" Answer NO.
6. This will unlink the layers and will save a new version of the template.
7 Open the new version of your template and you should be off to the races.

Good Luck,

xberg

Postby xberg » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Thanks for your very clear answer.

However I am not offered the option in step 5 to remove linked layers. So I end up with the same problem after saving the template.

Is there another way to remove this linking?

thanks!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:14 pm

xberg,
Are you using the latest version? Version 3.5 Build 2279. This feature was not available in the earlier version. This was one of their fixes in 2279. I just checked and it does work just fine. Try again and let us know how you are getting on.

Regards,
-Vernon

xberg

Postby xberg » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:42 am

Hi Vernon,

Yep - wrong version. I've updated and followed your explanations - works perfectly.

thanks to all!

xberg

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:56 am

xBerg,
If you are still eligible, you may want to upgrade to version 4.0. Looks like a few goodies have been added, but there is a significant change in the interface.

-Vernon

Postby GaGato7 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:24 am

I too think Eagle Rays was a "keeper"... However, I have Producer 3.5 2249. I am not eligible to get a free upgrade at this time. Does it cost to upgrade within the 3.5 version? Can I freely upgrade to the 2279? I went to the site to check it out, but found no answer there. :roll:

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:36 pm

GaGato7 wrote:I too think Eagle Rays was a "keeper"... However, I have Producer 3.5 2249. I am not eligible to get a free upgrade at this time. Does it cost to upgrade within the 3.5 version? Can I freely upgrade to the 2279? I went to the site to check it out, but found no answer there. :roll:

It depends on when your support contract expired. I would send a message to Photodex. They keep older versions around. They will provide you a link. If you are entitled to it, It will say so during the installation. Otherwise, it will say it is installing in demo mode.

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates