Im Stuck With Templates

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
mastermark

Im Stuck With Templates

Postby mastermark » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:00 am

Hi my name is Mark and im a newbee to templates on PSP ive used the program alot for just doing plain old slide shows using transmisions and music.
Now ive found this great site and seen some amazing shows using templates.
So ive downloaded a few added them to my show, now this is the tricky part ?
i got a template that starts with 4 pics then spins around and shoots off the screen which looks great.
1, I double click on the first slide and add 4 pics onto layers 1 to 4.
2, then when i play the show the pics just dissapear do i have to add the same pics on every template ?????
Im so confused and cant find a tutorial anywere a little help would go along way
thank you all and keep up the good work

Re: Im Stuck With Templates

Postby Pauline Collins » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi Mark, I have been using PSP for quite a few months and only kept sane with all the great help I have had from this site. Noticed that you have had no replies yet....I am sure that you will soon. Maybe I can offer some help and hope that I am right.
Has the template you are using got more than one slide in it? If so you might have to use the same photos in the next slide so that they continue to do what the template is designed to do. If there is 4 layers in the second slide, repeat the same four photos in the same order and see how it looks. If it doesn't appear how it should try 4 different photos.
Let me know if this helps you.
Cheers Pauline

mastermark

Postby mastermark » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:27 am

i was trying to get away from doing that im not sure about how many slides as im new to this template thing :)
Ive downloaded Keeli Template inside the first slide there are 9 layers ive been inserting pics in each layer
Then when i press play they are there for 2.5 seconds then dissapear when the animation starts.
Do i have to add the image every time on every slide ?

Sorry if im confusing you :P

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:06 pm

Do i have to add the image every time on every slide ?

Probably not the answer you're hoping for, but the answer is "yes."

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

mastermark

Postby mastermark » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:44 am

so how come on Eagle Rays Template they add automatic ???
sorry to bombard with questions

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:11 am

mastermark wrote:so how come on Eagle Rays Template they add automatic ???

Eagle Rays was set up that way. Most templates require you to add each picture individually.

Kathy

Postby trulytango » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:05 am

Hi there

Yes, the Eagle Rays template was compiled by one of our more experienced members, mfunk,and she matched the layers from one slide to the next using Producer's layer matching available in slide options>motion. A lot of time and effort goes into something like that 8)

When you work with a template that has no matching built into it... I'd suggest that once you've worked out which image goes where (and that can sometimes be by trial and error), you 'match' them yourself and save the subsequent show again as another template - that way your efforts will be preserved for future use

Using templates uploaded by others might seem a bit of a chore at times but they are a brilliant way to get a grip on key frames!

Iris

PS... have a look at this thread where Michelle describes how she did it:
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8566&hilit=eagle

mastermark

Postby mastermark » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:02 am

Thank you to all that has posted i really appreciate your help i just want to make my shows look much better and a little more pro.
Im hoping to start off doing partys and weddings once i master the program so im greatfull for all the help i can get.
Once again i thankyou all :D

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates