Missing Template ... Any Thoughts??

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Missing Template ... Any Thoughts??

Postby Ron » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:08 pm

I created a nice slide for a show I was working on and thought I could use it in the future so I saved it as a template in PSP 3.5 v2266 and called it "4 Corners". I have since used it in another show by opening show templates and clicling the one named "4 Corners" and all is fine.

I always seem to be taking from this group so last nite I decided to give - I know its not much but its something - I would post this template called "4 Corners" thinking maybe someone could use it sometime and it will save them work... Then 2 things became evident 1) I don't know how to upload a file in this forum...and 2) I can't locate the specific file in explorer or search. I've looked in the template folder where all my other templates are but it's not there. I've searched both drives for all .pst files but not there and I've searched both drives for the words "4 Corners" but came up empty. I even went back to open show templates to see if I made a spelling error but no such luck. Someone in a previous post mentioned the path ... docum & settings/username/application data ... but after looking everywhere I don't see a folder called "Application Data"

I've really searched through explorer quite thoroughly looking for this file but always came up empty.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this matter - they would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Re: Missing Template ... Any Thoughts??

Postby trulytango » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Hi Ron

If you have successfully 'Opened' this template before i.e it appears in the list of templates available for you to use, then there's no need to go worrying yourself about where it is hiding on your hard drive. If you intend to share it... just use the Export template feature in Producer. You'll find it in the Show>Show Templates sub menu.

Try it... it works a treat... simply choose to export it somewhere obvious such as the Desktop, ready to send as an attachment to Moderator Mike.

TTFN
Iris

PS.. the exact location of template files you have created yourself is as follows:

C:Documents and Settings/username/*Application Data*/Photodex/ProShow Producer/Templates

1) username denotes your particular log-on as opposed to that of others using your PC
2) *Application Data* is a hidden folder, you will need to go to Tools>Folder Options>View and opt to view hidden folders before this particular folder shows up in general.

Postby Ron » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:29 pm

Well Iris I surely feel dumb but I do truly appreciate your answer to me. Using the drop down and export worked very easy. As far as me searching in vain for the missing template, I totally forgot about the "hidden files" As soon as you mentioned it i slapped myself.

Again I thank you for your help
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby trulytango » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:03 am

Hi Ron

Producer's Import and Export features work well. They certainly spare you the task of having to rummage around in hidden folders... :lol:

Happy to help
Iris

Sameer

Postby Sameer » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:39 am

Hello Everybody,

This is my first post and I am new to this forum and Proshow. I am using Proshow Producer Ver 4.1.2737 running on Windows 7 (64bit). My qusetion is that I am unable to locate my templates on my hard drive. Can any body help me in this matter. Please.

Thanking you in advance,

Sameer

Postby juicedownload » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:19 am

Sameer wrote:Hello Everybody,

This is my first post and I am new to this forum and Proshow. I am using Proshow Producer Ver 4.1.2737 running on Windows 7 (64bit). My qusetion is that I am unable to locate my templates on my hard drive. Can any body help me in this matter. Please.

Thanking you in advance,

Sameer

Hi Sameer,

Welcome!

I'm not sure if you need to back up your files or just open a saved template. Either way - For win7 - I found the default templates in C:\Program Files (x86)\Photodex\ProShowProducer\templates
I don't know where my newer saved templates are though, I couldn't find them with my searches.

The easiest way to grab them is just to export it. That option is under the 'Show' tab

Tim

Sameer

Postby Sameer » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:00 am

Dear Tim,

Thanks a lot. I found them exactly where you said they would be. Thankyou again. I also faced the same problem as you said that the the location where the new templates are saved is unknown.

Another thing, though this may not be the right place for this question but still, is there any place where I can upload my slide styles to share with others?

Thanks in advance.

Sameer

Postby juicedownload » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:25 pm

Sameer,

If you'd like to share your styles/templates with others there's many ways to upload it for distribution. One of them being here on the forums. viewforum.php?f=15 Mike, the forum admin, manually sets this up so that it's available for forum members.

There's many other sites too. You'd have to manually send the download links to others.
Any of the following would work:
rapidshare.com
megaupload.com
depositfiles.com
vshare.com
hotfile.com
yousendit.com
uploading.com
there's so many of these sites out there...

Tim

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates