Caption Templates

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Esteemed Member

Caption Templates

Postby Stephanie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:55 pm

I've viewed many a samples within Enthusiasts ~ I am always impressed with those of you who create interesting effects with captions. I've scrolled through the templates list for PSP and didn't see any templates for captions. I did find the 'Slow Curl Effect.psp' template, but I'm looking for others. Any suggestions where to find what I'm looking for?

Thank you in advance for any feedback or help I might receive.. Steph
Steph

Re: Caption Templates

Postby debngar » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:00 pm

That I can recall, there are no caption templates exactly. If you were able to find the slow curl effect as a template, that must be the only one.

Words differ for each individual show and would require tweaking anyways.

You may find a bunch of tutorials or sample shows that display caption effects. Take a look at the list of threads in the tutorial section of the PSP part of the forum.

Some caption effects require a screen capture of the specific caption which would not be the same as what is in an example. So better just to learn how to do it anyways. It's not that hard and you'll easily be able to use that skill when you create other shows.

For instance, in my recent "Fire and Resurrection" show, there are a couple of captions I captured as a jpg and used as a layer mask so you could see the the fire video behind it. You simply cannot do that with a regular caption and it would do no good to make a template of it because those captions were show specific. I won't ever use the same captions again like that. It was all done in Producer and I didn't have to go to an outside editor to make it work.

The technique in those slides also involved masking. If you don't understand how that works, you may have some trouble making it work for your own purposes until you do understand how masking works.

These are advanced skills built upon understanding of basic hands-on Producer skills and/or key framing, whatever, in order to make them work. Without knowing how to do that, it will be more frustrating to jump into the more difficult stuff right off the bat.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates