Question on Allison Template

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Question on Allison Template

Postby kendon11 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:17 am

Very nice template! One thing I can't figure out though is how the slides work that highlight certain photos. I'm sure it's some kind of masking technique but I'm not sure how to do it. Can anyone explain?
Kendon11
Trying hard to learn

Re: Question on Allison Template

Postby cherub » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:33 am

The Allison template, if I remember correctly, was created with a much older version of Producer, at a time that masks were not available.
So if you see any effects on pictures, they are most certainly created in the Edit mode, or are a result of the slide transition itself.
I think that the Alison template was the very first template that I tried when learning Producer. I didn't even know what a template was for then :D

Thanks JC ! :D

Postby kendon11 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:51 am

So something like turning down the opacity on all the layers but the one you want highlighted? There are 10 layers and only 9 photos. However the first layer is zoomed and I can't figure out what goes there except a mask??????
Kendon11
Trying hard to learn

Postby cherub » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:10 am

In the present version of Producer, if there is a mask present, you most definitely can see it.
(in the layers menu, a layer that functions as mask has the word "MASK" written next to it).

Look carefully in all the menus and you will see where there is any change - in editing, in effects

If something is zoomed, it means that there is an increase of percentage in the motion menu.

The old version of Producer functioned pretty much like Gold functions today.

Postby kendon11 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:51 am

well, here's what I did to get that effect. I deleted the top layer. Turned opacity down to 25% on all layers, then one by one turned opacity to 100% as it went through the associated files. It worked. I could not figure out what was being done with the top layer. Anyway, it did highlight the photos one at a time.
Kendon11
Trying hard to learn

Postby GabBill » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:05 pm

Sorry, I didn't see this post till today.

I answered Kendon in a pm. But, yes, Mona is correct, I did this show in version 2.6, before masking was available. I guess it could have been what was refered to then as a frame that covered all but one layer and was sequntially moved over a number of slides.
Not to go into information that's no longer applicable, the same effect can be created far easier now with masks.

Mona: I so admire your work, and to hear my allsion was your first. :wink:

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Postby cherub » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Bill,
Why was I under the false impression that the Allison template was made by JC?
My apologies !
But yes, it was the first template that I ever used !!
Thank you very much for it !

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates