cube template

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

cube template

Postby jvlady » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:18 am

I have been trying to create a cube type of template that will turn during the show. I decided to stop and see if someone has already created such a template - no point in re-inventing the wheel! I searched for "cube" on this site and only found a photoshop cube template but since I am pretty poor at photoshop I wasn't real sure what to do with it. I'm hoping it's already been posted and I'm just missing it.
Thanks a lot
Sandy

Re: cube template

Postby newtcruiser » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:49 am

Hi Sandy:

The following link has a Photoshop Action for cubes. You don't have to know anything about Photoshop, just download the action and it does the work. There is one free one, a Rubik's Cube I think and there are others for a small cost.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

http://www.panosfx.com/index.php?option ... e&Itemid=1

Linda :lol:

Postby jvlady » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:14 am

Hi Linda
I must be missing something. I downloaded the action and it is saved on my computer as a .atn file. Now that I have it on my hard drive I don't know what to do with it. I tried putting in in proshow producer but it won't accept .atn files.
Thanks for your help

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:54 am

Sandy, it is a Photoshop action and has to be added to the Photoshop action folder, typically D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Actions.

This will also work with CS2, not sure about Elements, someone else will probably say.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:56 am

I use Photoshop 6, and when I download an action, I put it where I can find it. Then open photoshop and in the actions menu there is an arrow that you can click to add actions. HTH
TinaJ
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Postby jvlady » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:57 am

OK, so I've been researching how to get it into Elements, which is what I have, and I almost have it figured out. But my question is, how do I get this into a producer show? Sorry if I'm coming across dense, but this is totally new to me.
Sandy

Postby newtcruiser » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi again Sandy

Once you have created your cube in Photoshop, or whatever program you are using, just save it as a jpg. png. or psd. Then when in ProShow just drag it into your show the same as you would for any other pic. Then in the motion section just use the rotate tab to create the effect you are after. You can also put a background behind the cube by adding another layer (the bottom layer). Hope this helps.

Postby jvlady » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:18 pm

Great - thank you all for your help.
I got it now!!!
-Sandy

Postby Barkingmad » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Hi, regarding the member created templates ... that have so kindly been shared ... What are the rules as to credits, copyrights etc... and are they only for personal private use or is one allowed to use them in a slide-show that one is charging for ? Thanks for any info..
Shaz
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby Barkingmad » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:05 am

Well, don't all shout at once ... lol, but seriously, its rather dissapointing as a new member, especially having read so much in the posts on this forum about what a wonderful friendly forum it is, to have ones first post totally ignored.
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby newtcruiser » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:44 am

Hi there Barkingmad, welcome to the forum.

Everything in the templates section is for your use in anyway. There is no copyright issue as everyone that has contributed had done so for everyone's use. Sorry it took so long for a response, but I guess this is a busy time of the year for everyone.

Postby lensan » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:35 pm

Especially if you are a teacher!

Postby Bob Petras » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:12 am

I am trying to create a cube - using PhotoShop Elements - Version 6. I downloaded the cube from PanosFX and extracted the files into a new directory within PhotoShop Elements - called cube.
How do you access the "action" file from within PS Elements to recognize the cube files?

I am not a big user of PS Elements - so need a little help.

Many thanks.

Bob

Postby kabeeo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:05 am

I think it should be in the drop list of styles on the right side of the screen.
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Postby Bob Petras » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:44 pm

I didn't have much success making a cube using PhotoShop. Photodex sent a tutorial however it was produced in an early version of PhotoShop - so it was of little use in the newer versions - 6 and 7. I guess it is one of the reasons I have always hated PhotoShop and don't use it that much.

If any one has made a cube and can e-mail to me : bobpetras@telus.net so enable the images to be imbedded - that would be great.

Thanks.

Bob

Next

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates