cube template

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Re: cube template

Postby heckydog » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Proshow Producer is not a 3D program so you won't be able to use a 3D cube that can rotate in the x, y, and z axis.

Also, Photoshop Elements has very limited capabilities as compared to big brother Photoshop when it comes to actions. I know you can't create actions in Elements and I think an action as complex as the PanosFX cube is not doable in Elements.

I use BluffTilter anytime I need a true 3D effect like a rotating cube. It's easy to do and the output file is usually pretty easy to open in PSP.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:44 am

I created this show in 2006 I used the instructions in Photoshop 5 maybe 4 to create the cube. It was pretty easy to follow.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=116269

Is this what you are looking for?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison
US inventor (1847 - 1931)

Postby Frankie » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:43 am

Hey, Bob. You'll want to take your email off the forum post. People can pm you for your email address.

Frankie

Postby elshagon » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:34 am

Hey Bob, I have the new Panosfx cubes action and they do work great. The 2D cubes are very easy to do in Photoshop, but probably can't be done using Elements. His new 3D actions will actually need Photoshop extended, and these give you the ability to rotate the cube and move it. I made a 3D cube really quick just to try it out in Producer and here's a short 30 second youtube clip of the 3D cube in action using the Panosfx cube action, Photoshop CS4 Extended and Proshow Producer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQueNXfNUU8

Postby rcsteimer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi,

If you go back to the Panosfx site, there are detailed instructions on installing and using all the actions. The link below is for PS Elements

http://www.panosfx.com/usingfx/installpse

Hope this helps

Bob S
Bob S
Rochester, NY

Nikon D70 & D90
Windows 7 & Adobe Elements 9 & Producer 4.5

Postby CaptH » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:05 am

I sent Bob a sample Rubics cube, which I think looks better than the regular cube,
which had 3 different photos.
The free one has the same photo on all 3 sides.
Save it to a transparent BG and it can be rotated.
Was waiting to see if it was what he had in mind.

Capt

Valued Member

Postby quikchip » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:05 am

I must be dense as a granite rock ... but I tried to follow instructions for installing Panos effects on PSE7 with vista and cannot fint the sub directory \photo creations or sub directory \locale

any help would be appreciated ..
thanks

Valued Member

Postby quikchip » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:26 pm

cancel help request ...

Postby VidQueen » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:14 am

I've got one coming....drag and drop right into Producer (no external program needed)... Here's the demo for the 3D Cube.

Its not up on my site yet, but I'm hoping to have it (and a flipping photo album) up by tomorrow :D

Jennifer

Postby silverfox » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:58 am

That is Great .......... Fantabulous!

lynnlamie

Postby lynnlamie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:33 pm

yaaaay! I have been drooling and waiting impatiently for the Photo Album! Thank you Jennifer for the quality of work you do! Keep 'em coming!

Postby AMD » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:41 am

I am sure you know already, but Jennifer at Choice Backgrounds has a wonderful little "3D" cube style, and it is only $5. She gives a great little tutorial with it also.

Ann

Postby VidQueen » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:04 am

Hi Folks!

Little update on my Cube Slide Style:

A few people have asked if it is compatible with Gold. Sorry, but no. It relies on keyframing unlocked scaling and rotation center.

I don't explain how to make an infinate cube in my tutorial....sorry about that! Basically, you want your last photo in Slide 1 to be the same as your first photo in Slide 2. Continue that process with as many slides as you want. Thats all there is to it!

Also, Vernon stumbled upon what may be little glitch in the way Producer handles portrait images that are not rotated on your hard drive. Producer actually reads the meta information and flips it for you...which is pretty cool...but this information somehow gets distorted when you try to crop it. SO....if you are using my cube template and run across some wierdness when cropping a portrait oriented photo, check to see if it is standing up or sitting sideways on your computer (not in ProShow). If it is actually sitting sidways, rotate it before trying to use it in Producer (you can do this in your My Computer window by right clicking and choosing to rotate it either clockwise or counterclockwise).

I hope everyone has Fun to the Third Power!
Jennifer

Postby jvlady » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:42 pm

For anyone still wanting a cube template - Jennifer / Choice Backgrounds has a great one using 8 photos. I bought it and it's so easy to use - much easier than doing it myself in photoshop, which I never did really figure out.
Sandy

Previous

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates