adding templates to show

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Honorary ProShow PHD

adding templates to show

Postby Rosemary » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:26 am

Hi everyone,
I have figured out how to download and use templates, I think! Next problem is how do I include them in my show be it at the beginning of the show, middle or end. I have a feeling that Projects are involved but I do not have a clue how to proceed! Grateful for any help.

Rosemary

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: adding templates to show

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:33 am

Rosemary,
You could use a project, but the essence is to highlight the slides you want in your template.

1. Select individual slides in the template by holding the CTRL key while you click the slides you want.
2. Use the Edit Menu and select Copy.
3. Open up your show.
4. Click on the slide (insertion slide) that you would like to insert your template slides in front of.
5. Press the right mouse button on the insertion slide to raise the short cut menu.
6. Choose paste from the menu and your template slides will be added to your show.

If you would like to avoid the opening and closing of the respective shows, you could add them to a Project file. The Project allows you to have multiple shows open simultaneously. This allows you to switch between your template and your show without opening and closing them all of the time.

As an added assignment. If you would like to highlight several slides in a show that are contiguous. you can select the first slide with a click. Move to the end slide using the slider. Hold down the shift key and click again. All of the files between the start and end have been selected.

Good luck,
-Vernon

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi Vernon,
Thank you for coming to my rescue once again. The "copy and paste" works like a charm. Another "how to" to add to my ever expanding binder of gems.
Hope it is not as hot with you as with us in Surrey, BC. It is 34 degrees C and we are all wishing for air conditioning.

Rosemary

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:06 am

You are welcome. Keep working at it.

-Vernon

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates