How to set template up so photo copies to related slides?

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
kilakiwi

How to set template up so photo copies to related slides?

Postby kilakiwi » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 pm

This has probably been asked before, but I'm new and can't find the answer, though I've searched: Can anyone tell me please, how do you set a template up to copy a photo dropped onto the first slide to all related slides? I saw this in the (wonderful) Eagle Rays template. Thanks!

Kim

iii_carlos

Re: How to set template up so photo copies to related slides?

Postby iii_carlos » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:42 am

Ya, I can not figured it our also. Can anyone help us? Thanks. :)

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:29 am

Sorry to be so late in response to this question.

To set up a template so that a particular image automatically pops into following slides, I used the Layer Matching feature within Producer.

You have to of already created the show with the image appearing more than once in a sequence. Then you go to the Motions screen for the slide where the image first appears. On the right side of the Motions screen, under the image display, you'll see "Not Matched". When you click here, the Layer Matching option window opens. Here you'll have the option to select a layer (the same image) on the following slide to match the current layer to. You have to do this for all the layers/slides that include the same image.

Once you've matched all the layers correctly, you then create a template from your show. When you use your new template, you should be able to drag and drop your image into a template layer and it will automatically duplicate the image where ever else it appears in the sequence.

Something I learned only after offering the original Eagle Rays template to the forum:

If you are copy/pasting a sequence from your template into a new show, you need to include not only the sequence itself, but also the slide just BEFORE the sequence starts. For some reason this is necessary to make the Matching aspect of the template work.

Hope that helps!

Michelle Funk

kilakiwi

Postby kilakiwi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:40 am

That helps a lot, Michelle, thank you! Your shows are amazing, by the way.

Kim

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:47 am

Thank you, Kim. :-)

I hope the instructions are easy to follow. Good luck!

Michelle

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates