Oops !

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Mon May 05, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi Dave!
Seems to be working for everyone but me! Here's what happens:
the marquee builds, then I click on build AVI, the save box comes up, I name it, the save box doesn't go away, (as if it didn't get the message), and while the AVI says it's building - it isn't. Waited an hour and nothing happened....What am I doing wrong??? Just dying for this to work for me!
Thanks for any help you can offer!
Debi
PS loaded after the update on your site

Valued Member

Do you do this first?

Postby mklaugh » Mon May 05, 2008 7:03 pm

After you have typed in what you want the marquee to read do you press the button on the end of it to build marquee bmp? Once you get that then push the button for the create avi and save.

Maureen

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:18 pm

Yes, Maureen, thanks. Sounds silly, I know! It should be real easy, but the AVI build just doesn't happen. PMing with Dave now. I'm sure I'll get the mystery solved!
Debi

Postby newtcruiser » Mon May 05, 2008 7:54 pm

Hi Debi, I did the same thing. Guess what it was. It was all in the name of the file. Be careful that you have your name then .avi. Hope this hlps.

Linda :lol:

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Mon May 05, 2008 7:59 pm

Hey Linda, Yes, it's all in the name! Dave found the problem, and I am good to go! The extention on the save page came up with an asterik in front - removed it, and voila!
Thanks for your help, Linda.
Debi

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Mon May 05, 2008 8:13 pm

Linda, if you are having that problem, then you must have the old version. It should take the name and append the .avi if you haven't put it there.

Debi, glad we found the problem. It's one of the idiosyncrasies of Windows. In order for the dialog box to display a list of existing AVIs (in case you want to overwrite one), I have to put *.avi as the default. However, Windows will not accept anything with a * in it as a valid file name. It thinks you are still searching (or narrowing down your search) for a file. When you start with *.avi, Windows will list every AVI file in that particular directory. If however, you type MyFile*.avi, Windows thinks you are looking for a file that begins with MyFile and has an extension of .avi, so it dutifully lists every file meeting these criteria if can find, such as MyFile1.avi, MyFileBig.avi, MyFileSmall.avi, etc. If no files match these criteria (i.e., start with MyFile and have an extension of .avi) Windows will clear all the file names from the dialog box and just sit there until you give it a valid name or hit the Cancel button. Hitting the save button does nothing. You'd think it would at least raise an error message or something. The next time I bump into Bill Gates, I'll mention this to him :-)

Dave
Dave

The camera sees things the way they are. Photoshop makes them the way we'd like them to be.

http://www.mediadigitronics.com

Debi1054

Postby Debi1054 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:19 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Dave! I will remember that for the future. BTW, I'm lunching with Bill tomorro, I'll mention it. :wink: Darned inconvenient, if you ask me....
Thanks again for your generosity.
Debi

stopping

Postby British_Bulldog » Tue May 06, 2008 3:30 am

hi Dave.....followed your instructions its working great until.....i put it at the beginning of a show...the txt starts to scroll then half way round it stops ???....any ideas please as to why?

thanks Dave

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Tue May 06, 2008 4:20 am

Yes, this is a problem with Producer that Photodex is aware of. It's a problem with AVIs (any AVI). Usually, the solution which worked for me is to place a blank slide of one second duration on the time line of a new show. Set the transition to Cut/0. Do this before you do anything else.

Then drop in the theater/AVI behind this blank slide. You should see the progress bar advancing as Producer imports the video. If is doesn't advance all the way to 100%, try it again with a new show. Once you get everything in place, you can remove the blank slide if you want.
Dave

The camera sees things the way they are. Photoshop makes them the way we'd like them to be.

Postby marmart » Tue May 06, 2008 10:06 am

The problem I am having with AVI's is sometimes they work and then 10 mintes later it says the file is not a supported format!! What is that
about??

I made the Marquee and used it 2 times and on the 3rd time it said not supported. I called Photodex and they said to uninstall and reinstall - seems to be their answer for just about everything. I have done this several times and it worked twice and the third time it didn't.

I am having the same problem with other AVI's also.

Anyone know of another workaround? Dave, do you think adding the blank black slide will wrok for this problem??

Thanks,

Mary

Postby Dave Fitzpatrick » Tue May 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Mary, it's certainly worth a try. I occasionally get the file format not supported thing, but it is very rare for me and, as you can guess, I do a lot of AVIs with Producer. I'd try the blank slide thing and see if it works. I've fooled around with that a bit and found that, with some AVIs, I can repeatedly drop them on the time line of a blank show and they fail to import every single time but, if I put the blank slide in, from then they load every single time. But then, others will load on an empty time line. Go figure.
Dave

Esteemed Member

Re: Oops !

Postby shazmark » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:53 pm

Dave you are legend,
i need some new content and this will do just fine
thankyou thankyou thankyou
kindest regards
shaz

Previous

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates