Eagle Ray modified - slide 7

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Eagle Ray modified - slide 7

Postby sheldonk » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:22 am

Hi,

I downloaded this template and I love it!

However I had an interesting problem at slide 7. This is a carousel effect with 4 layers. First you see layer 1, then it turns to layer 2 and so on. The very last leg of the slide (turn back to layer 1 from layer 4) didn't play right. I looked at the last motion keyframe on layer 1 and realized that the ending Y pan and Y zoom were wrong. I would change them and click away from the keyframe. This didn't help. I went back and looked at the keyframe changes I made. They had reverted to the original! Tried this time and time again but the changes kept going back to the original. I set everything to manual on all keyframes and still no help. Then it finally dawned on me. What if keyframe 5 is not really the last keyframe? Yes it ends at the end of the slide but could something else be lerking underneath?

I slid keyframe 5 over a tad to the left and found the problem!!! Keyframe 6 and 7!!! Sitting right under keyframe 5! And of course, the values I was having problem with were set to automatic on keyframe 6. I proceeded to delete keyframe 6 and 7 and then move keyframe 5 back over to the far right.

Now the slide played beautifully!

Let me end by saying this is not a complaint! This exercise taught me how to troubleshoot issues like this. If everything worked and I was able to just drop my pictures and run, I wouldn't have learned how this works and how to fix it!

Sheldon

Postby marmart » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:28 am

Sheldon - sounds like you had a lightbulb moment! I'm impressed - and you should be - that you were able to figure it out!
Not sure that I could have (: Eagle Rays is an amazing template isn't it? Can you imaging the amount of work she put into it??

Keep having fun!

Mary

Valued Member

Postby dajon0510 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:39 am

Sheldon,
& that is why I am not a programer
David

Postby sheldonk » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:56 pm

What's really amazing to me about Eagle Rays and many of the other templates people share is being able to conceive this stuff in the first place. I look at a slide and think, "why didn't I think of that?".

Postby toolman » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:05 pm

does anyone know where to find the missing border files listeed when eagle ray opens - "border_standard_002" etc
blessings, Ed

Postby gg0709 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:41 am

Hi Sheldon,

I downloaded the template yesterday & could not open it, kept getting "file is corrupted"... Did you download it recently?
Producer 4.1; Samsung TL 220
VERY casual user

Postby sheldonk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:37 am

I think I downloaded it last week. I can download it tonight and try again. I will let you know if I have a problem.

Sheldon

Postby toolman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:19 pm

I downloaded it weeks ago but there is only the template file without the frame masks used in the show. The template opens fine but the suppport files are not there.
blessings, Ed

Postby sheldonk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:28 pm

toolman wrote:I downloaded it weeks ago but there is only the template file without the frame masks used in the show. The template opens fine but the suppport files are not there.

Hi,

That's usually the case. The support files may be copyrighted or belong to the template creator and he/she doesn't want to give those away. The point of public templates is so others can see how you accomplished your work of art. If you borrow some slides and put them in your own show, I'm sure no one will mind. The spirit of public templates is not for you to just replace your pictures with the authors and voila, you have a great show. They are for sharing ideas, not outright copying them.

Does anyone think I'm off base here?

Sheldon

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:33 pm

Ed -

Typically because of copyright reasons, "support files" as you called them, are not included. Same reason the music is not included.

The purpose of a template is just to show you design "place holders" for the slide movement. You have to substitute all the graphics a person used in the original show with your own.

An exception would be if the template creator designed some of the graphics (frame masks, backgrounds, etc., and therefore was actually the 'copyright holder' of the graphic) and generously included them in the template for others to use.

- Diana
Dilyla's Designs
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Postby toolman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:46 pm

ok - that makes sense and I can certainly accept that - guess as far as masks go I could just put in some of my own in those places. still learning and thanks for the explanation and all the great advice received here.
blessings, Ed

Postby sheldonk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:12 pm

Sorry if I sounded like an old grump!

Valued Member

Postby mfunk » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:19 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry to hear the Eagle Rays template is causing grief! I have no idea why there's a border_standard_002. The only thing I can figure is that I accidentally duplicated the border_standard image (TWICE!!) within the Producer/Content/Borders file. I'm pretty sure if you duplicate the border file and rename it to border_standard_002 it should work fine. The same goes for any other _001 _002 Mask or border. My bad! lol

Regards,

Michelle Funk
Eagle Rays Template Screwer Upper :-)

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:10 am

Puh-leez Michele....

You are the Eagle Rays Template Provider-er-rer....Not Screwer Upper!

Now if you could just create some composite templates and slide em on over to me I will be good to go!

Then maybe I can convince you to move to Atlanta so we can really be a tournament traveling team!

reese

Postby sheldonk » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Michelle,

Thank you for a great learning experience...and a great template!

Sheldon

Next

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates