PSP Template: Images in Column List with Image to Right

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

photo size

Postby British_Bulldog » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:00 am

hi guys,and nice template...but what size do the photos have to be...in the column on the left i reduced them to 800x600,but they dont seem to fit into the template they over hang...and look messy...also when they enlarge they dont fit that template either like in the box it should be sat in...any help please...

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:58 am

The pictures can be any size you want. However, the template is setup for HD (16:9) not SD (4:3). That might be part of the problem. The template puts all of the images at "Fit to Safe Zone."

Also, not all photos are the same size (pixel height and width) ... so, you may have to tweak the template (x and/or y) for the size of the photos you use. This is particularly true if you use images from multiple cameras and the cameras don't shoot the images at the same dimensions. Of course, then you can fix that by cropping the images, if you want to go that route, to a "standard" dimension (height and width) of your choosing.

If you use standard definition (regular TV, 4:3), you may have a bit more work to do to fit your images correctly for your show.

Dale

size does matter lol

Postby British_Bulldog » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:31 am

hi dale,thanks for the reply...yes i do use 4.3 tv...so got some work to do thanks but a nice template still

Postby kaylef » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Thanks Dale!!

Really great template...I've been playing with photos in it all night!

Kay

jdc50

Postby jdc50 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:33 am

Dale I am trying your column template and am having a problem. The last slide shows up as a bland on the first screen and after they move to the left it is still blank. The correct image comes up as it should during the show. Any suggestions? I have been putting the slides in one at a time as they are scattered around a file folder.

Thanks

Jim

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:15 am

Jim,

Not sure what you mean when you say "...as a bland" ...

After you've loaded all 7 of your images in the 14 image layers you're not getting a visual unless you actually play the slides?

Yep, putting the slides in one at a time is the way to go as you really don't have the much control by drag and drop. I haven't found that technique to work reliably enough for me. But, that shouldn't have any bearing on whether you see the images on the layers without playing them.

Layers 1 thru 7 are the images that will end up as a large image. They should start life with 0% opacity.
Layers 8 thru 14 are the images that lie on the "bar" at left at 50% opacity (or so). Layers 1 and 8 should be the same, layers 2 and 9 are the same, etc.

All other layers are not image layers and are layers numbered greater than 14. The background layer should be the very bottom layer.

Well, I don't know if this helped or not but, let me know if there's something else I can help with. Oh, the slide is designed with 16:9 (HD) in mind ... not 4:3 (if that has any bearing for you). If you're using 4:3 in your slideshow (standard resolution), you'll need to adjust where everything starts and finishes so that it plays within the limits of you screen!

Dale

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:24 am

Excellent show Dale !! - I love your 7->1 template also - I was going to
suggest that you put your name and info in the template "info", but I see
it is there (and sort of answers my question that I was going to check on
how many lines of stuff you could put in there too :D )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

jdc50

Postby jdc50 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:59 am

Here is sample of the show I am trying to use the template in. As you can see the last slide has problems.

Any suggestions?

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5976&alb=0

Postby newtcruiser » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi Jim, I got the template to work perfectly. I just inserted the pics for layers 1 - 7, and then the same pics again for layers 8-14. Seemed to work just fine.

Linda :lol:

jdc50

Postby jdc50 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:17 pm

Sucess I finally got it to work. The problem was operator error. I did not realize that you had to add manually the second set of slides. The strange part was it did it automatically for all but the last slide.

Well I guess what matters is I got it to work.

Thanks

Postby sheldonk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:10 am

Hi,

My name is Sheldon. I am kind of new around here. Been playing with this software for over a year already!

I went through all the layers to figure out how this works. Wow I get it! This template shows me that all you have to do is use your imagination, a few masks and a few gradients.

This template was as good a tutorial as any of the ones I have seen!

Thanks so much!!!!!!

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Glad it helped!

Now, all you need to do is play around with it and see what else you can come up with!!

I have several versions now of this particular template. A bit of work to put together ... not as much to modify (esp once you figure out what's going on!)!

Thanx!

Dale

Esteemed Member

Re: PSP Template: Images in Column List with Image to Right

Postby quetzal » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:48 am

Hi im42n8, Dale
Thank so much for sharing your template, this time is Colorado. quetzal :D

Postby AMD » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks, Dale. You do some awesome work. BTW, I am enjoying your Style Collection 1. Plan to get Set 2 later.

Ann

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Thanx Quetzal and Ann!

The template is the precursor to the View Column Image Pro style. The limitations of the template are obvious once you start using images of different sizes. But, if all images are effectively the same size, it's simple!

The darned thing was causing me a bit of work sometimes as I use images from several different cameras oft-times. Putting in the masks saved lots of time and effort, in the long run.

It's a great tool, the template is, for trying to learn various aspects of the program without having to rely on a photo editor. In particular, keyframing and, to a lesser extent, masking. The color bar indicator was kinda novel at the time too ... seems almost like magic at first ... and then you see how it was done (no more magic!) :D

Glad it's of help!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates