Shortcut for Templates on the Desktop???

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Shortcut for Templates on the Desktop???

Postby texan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:58 am

Interesting suggestion; but Why???

Why does creating a shortcut on the desktop make accessing templates any easier???

PSP can only look in one place; and the desktop isn't it?????
Texan

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:00 am

I'm not at my machine right now, but last time this came up, there were TWO places
that producer looked for templates -- one was in it's home directory, the other was
somewhere down your personal file path under "Application Data" if I remember
correctly. I do have a shortcut on my desktop to the "application data" one since
it makes it so easy to simply grab a template and drop it on the shortcut so it ends
up in that folder.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

shortcut on your desktop

Postby texan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:06 am

Okay.........if your using the shortcut on your desktop, as a means to "save" templates easily, that makes sense......

But PSP when loading, only looks in one place...........this has been a "prblem" for me from day one.......

I'd like to control where templates are kept and then browse for them when loading.......but Photodex, says "NO".........

Cheers
Texan

Templates

Postby mrdcambs » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:32 am

Producer looks in 2 places: I have created/saved templates within Producer and these get saved (in XP) in Documents & Settings/'x' Documents/Application
Data/Photodex/ProShow Producer/Templates (where 'x' = you). Those supplied with the program are in Program Files/Photodex/ProShow Producer/
templates. When I need to select a template within a show, the program always gives a composite list of templates from both locations. If you make
sure that your templates are in one of these locations, Producer will pick them up.
Regards - Mike

sclarke

Producer has built-in template importing / exporting

Postby sclarke » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:57 am

Just FYI, Producer has built-in Template import/export. You can find it in the Show menu under Show Templates. I've been using that for a while now instead of trying to manually copy the templates to different folders.

Re: Producer has built-in template importing / exporting

Postby rkligman » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:50 pm

sclarke wrote:Just FYI, Producer has built-in Template import/export. You can find it in the Show menu under Show Templates. I've been using that for a while now instead of trying to manually copy the templates to different folders.

EXACTLY. I was reading the previous messages wondering why all the "I think it's over here or over there". I use the Import feature so it doesn't matter WHERE they are located. I didn't even think about finding where there might be some sort of PS "Default" folder to copy them to. I have no idea what happens when you Import though, whether it makes a copy somewhere else or just references the original. If I make a change to the Template, I think I'm just doing another Import using the same name. I really haven't read the manual on this process so I'm naive about the internals. It does however end the "searching" for folders issue.
Rick Insane Diego...

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates