Using Actual Templates vs Full Shows

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Postby Pauline Collins » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:23 pm

Thanks Jan for that.
Pauline

popsynic

Re: Templates - populating the boxes

Postby popsynic » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:35 am

Truelight wrote:The only problem I see in using the Layers method of populating templates with images is that you are essentially "flying blind," you can't see the images only the filenames. The drag and drop method lets you see the image you're dragging in - but getting stuff into the very tiny boxes, many which are layered under others, is a real trick.

Now if you could only drag an image from the Slide List onto the Layers Listing...!! That's how it -should- work!!

I know that this was posted quite a while ago, but just as it is a sticky thread then I presume it is read quite a bit. So can I just suggest that when you use this method, to avoid 'flying blind' and just seeing the file names, you can choose to 'View Thumbnails' in the 'choose image' dialog box.

Although you can't drag them you can at least see all of your images rather than the just the file names. You can then browse for the image you wish to populate the 'greyed out box' in a template and click 'open'.

Postby Duckmom » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:27 am

First, I would like to thank all of you for all you have contributed to this site. Recently having upgraded from Gold to Producer, I have spent hours on here over the last couple of weeks trying to absorb all the knowledge you so wonderfully share with everyone. You have produced some amazing shows and are so kind to share all your templates and helpful hints, etc.

I would like to add something in hopes of helping another newbie like myself. I spent hours yesterday trying to figure out how to add my photos to one of the templates shared here in hopes of learning how the keyframing works. I searched and tried all the suggestions given, but whenever I would add my photo, it would add another layer to the slide instead of putting it on the layer that had the motion and keyframing all done. Using Diana's directions really helped, but I finally figured out what I was doing wrong... Once you go into the layers menu, I had to RIGHT click on the photo placeholder in order to add my photo, not double click. Then you can select the file you want to add. Maybe the double click works for some, but it didn't for me. I hope this makes sense and helps someone else with what seems like such a simple thing, but was very frustrating for me.

Here are Diana's very easy to follow instructions from the first page of this post with my suggestion in red:
Now - how to use that template assuming it IS an actual template with the .pst extension -- There are all kinds of 'copy it here, turn on hidden, paste it there...' instructions on this forum. ACTUALLY, the easiest way w/Producer is: unzip the file (you've already done that). Now open Producer & go up to "Show", down to "Show Templates" and over to "Import Template." In the window that opens, navigate to where the unzipped file is. Double click the .pst file -- if all works well, you'll get a message that it was successfully imported. Now to use it, go again up to "Show" / "Show Templates" but this time, go over to "Open Template" and open that new template you just imported. You might get a prompt that files are missing & do you want to search. Normally files are not included, so click No. Double click (RIGHT CLICK)the first slide you want to edit. Look in Layers & start substituting your own photos, music, etc., to create your own show.

Again, thanks to everyone for all your help with this program. I'm sure I'll be back with lots of questions!

dlr_92

Re: Using Actual Templates vs Full Shows

Postby dlr_92 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:25 pm

Thanks for all. Happy new year all.
best regards from ...Paris France.

Roy B

Postby Roy B » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:06 am

Thanks Nannybear,
You just made some very good points on the extensions that just come normal to you but I definetly am learning alot. I just started learning PSP, so I have a steep learning curve. I really enjoy the program and folks like you make it so much easier to learn. Thank You very much...

Roy b

Postby jgayman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:31 am

I have a fairly simple slide show that I'm trying to save as a template. I am following the documented steps and upon saving only the first slide in my show is converted to a placeholder (gray box). All the rest of the slides in my show still contain the original image.

What could I be doing wrong? I'm sure I've done this before and upon saving ALL the slides in my show became placeholders (gray boxes).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

- John

Postby cimocimo » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:42 pm

I do not want to answer, then maybe something more to learn. I will teach myself and fighting the speech barrier.
My question relates to the template. For example, I have two shorter templates that I want modulating one. One to install the program, but when I want to install a second, then the problem is, the second template is placed in the first place, and I will remain in the program, only one template.
I want to develop a presentation for my grandson from birth to 4 years Simultaneous.
Once again it is possible to combine the two into one template-if so. how then please
If you understand my English will be the answer - I am an optimist.
Thank you so much
Good luck at work wants Cimocimo

Postby psychogramma » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:38 pm

cimocimo,

Open both templates in a project.
Copy all slides from one template and paste then into the other template. Now you have one template/show that includes all slides from both templates.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy all,
Cathy

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:20 am

Adding to Cathy's answer: When you paste the second show template that's supposed to follow the first, click on the blank slide at the end of the first show. The second show will appear wherever you've made your selection.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby cimocimo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm

BarbaraC wrote:Adding to Cathy's answer: When you paste the second show template that's supposed to follow the first, click on the blank slide at the end of the first show. The second show will appear wherever you've made your selection.

Barbara

Dear Barbara, I already have from the "nerves" no, no and no. I chaired for the PSP time and výskedok? "0". Still in the program, only one template. Deposits, copy, save to PSP and nothing. I do not know where, what and how do I copy. Dtále around the same zero.
There the problem. tutorial? because the eyes are best understood problem head has not quite Souza read enough posts on other forums, but no result even somewhere I could not even answer is given.
I have w7 and PSP 5280?
Thank you for your time and willingness to help. I greet and wish you only around nice people
Erno .

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:05 am

cimocimo wrote:Dear Barbara, I already have from the "nerves" no, no and no. I chaired for the PSP time and výskedok? "0". Still in the program, only one template. Deposits, copy, save to PSP and nothing. I do not know where, what and how do I copy. Dtále around the same zero.
There the problem. tutorial? because the eyes are best understood problem head has not quite Souza read enough posts on other forums, but no result even somewhere I could not even answer is given.
I have w7 and PSP 5280?
Thank you for your time and willingness to help. I greet and wish you only around nice people
Erno .

Erno, have you tried Google Translate? I ask because it's impossible to understand what you've said.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Jean-Paul » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:03 am

Hello Erno,

I believe I understand what you wish to do, you have show number 1 (template number 1) and show number 2.
You wish to combine show number 2 at the end of show number 1 to make 1 long show.
Here is simple STEP BY STEP instructions to accomplish this.

IMPORTANT
DURING THIS PROCESS DO NOT CLOSE PROSHOW (THE PROGRAM).

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Open show number 2 in Proshow
2. With your mouse right click on Slide number 1 > click Select All
3. With your mouse right click on Slide number 1 > click Copy
4. Click on the Open icon on the toolbar > open show number 1
5. After the last slide on the Slide list, where it is written “Slides, Drop photos, etc” with your mouse right click > click Paste. Waite a few seconds, you will have success!
6. On the toolbar, click the Save icon.

Good luck,

Amicalement, Jean-Paul

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Postby cimocimo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Hello, Jean-Paul
Heurééééka - finish the job, thank you very much. I had to get advice.
I admit that I could not handle, so thank you again. good luck
Erno

Postby cimocimo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:00 pm

Hello, Jean-Paul
Heurééééka - finish the job, thank you very much. I had to get advice.
I admit that I could not handle, so thank you again. good luck
Erno

Previous

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates