album template

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

album template

Postby jamcrky » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:37 pm

hello everyone...............I unzipped the album template and have it in a folder I want to use it form...after that I'm dead in the water and have no idea what the hell I'm doing :shock: :shock:
I would like to use some of these in conjunction with PSP as some of them are really nice...
This is an area I am not too familiar with as you can tell.......
I put the template in my timeline but couldnt do anything with it.....

Just a thanks for all the help and info Jim

Check out this thread.....

Postby nannybear » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:38 pm

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... ates#29394

One thing to remember is that people will tend to send two types of files. One really is a template with the empty grey boxes and it has an extension of .pst. Others will actually zip up the whole shebang for you pics and all and the extension will be .psh with folders for image/audio etc.... Only pst stored in the right place will show up as an actual template in the program. Have I made this as clear as mud under a mask now...lol? Hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

thanks Jan

Postby jamcrky » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:08 am

I just looking at the tread and trying to make sense out it.....but I think where I'm really lost is the understanding the purpose of the templates and extension files what are they use for...as I had meantioned I unzip the album template and I know where it is but dont know how to use it....What I need I guess is a step by step with picutres :lol: :lol:
But either way I just thank you for all your response, you are truly a key asset to all the folks of this forum
Thanks so much jim

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby dilyla » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:42 am

Jim - I'll jump in & see if I can give a quick & simple answer. First of all, the file extensions:

.psh - the ProShow files -- the real "show"
.pxc - kind of a 'cache' that allows the show to load faster (i.e., 'remembers' what & where things are) - can be deleted - it will recreate itself
.pst - an actual template file -- normally the pictures & audio aren't included -- there are placeholders where you insert your photos
.bak or .b01, .b02... (b & 2 numbers) - backup up files ProShow makes on it's own at certain intervals - can be deleted - you tend to get a lot of these

Now - how to use that template assuming it IS an actual template with the .pst extension -- There are all kinds of 'copy it here, turn on hidden, paste it there...' instructions on this forum. ACTUALLY, the easiest way w/Producer is: unzip the file (you've already done that). Now open Producer & go up to "Show", down to "Show Templates" and over to "Import Template." In the window that opens, navigate to where the unzipped file is. Double click the .pst file -- if all works well, you'll get a message that it was successfully imported. Now to use it, go again up to "Show" / "Show Templates" but this time, go over to "Open Template" and open that new template you just imported. You might get a prompt that files are missing & do you want to search. Normally files are not included, so click No. Double click the first slide you want to edit. Look in Layers & start substituting your own photos, music, etc., to create your own show.

Hope this helped & not too confusing - Diana

thanks much Diana

Postby jamcrky » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:29 pm

that was great Diana even I can understand it I think :lol: :lol: ....will try it tonight

Honorary ProShow PHD

One more thing, Jim...

Postby dilyla » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:27 pm

I forgot to mention -- when you double click the slide to start editing and go into Layers, don't add your photos by clicking the green "+" button.

You should see a transparent graphic with <No Image> showing beneath the "Contents of Slide." This is the "placeholder." (There may be more than one depending on the template).

If there is more than one <No Image> listed, start with the one in the #1 position and click it once to highlight/select it. Now click on the "Select File" button on the right hand side of the window & navigate to your photo you want shown instead. Double click your photo. Your photo will now show up instead of the transparent <No Image> placeholder.

Work your way through all the layers, replacing with your photos, and then move on to the next slide and repeat the whole process.

Again, depending on the template & the resolution of your photos, you may have to change the zoom (size) of your photos to fit in the template. I always look at the Zoom percentage & the size of the placeholder to 'guesstimate' how to resize my original photos before I start replacing anything.

My simplistic explanation now becomes a little more confusing... :) - I think you'll see what I'm trying to explain once you're sitting there with Producer open.

- Diana

Thanks so much

Postby jamcrky » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:08 pm

This stuff is really great.........I use to spend so time on trying to create the template effect with key framing, resizing etc etc now its one stop shopping.
I guess you can use only the templates you wish to use and then cut the rest from the show......just started playing with it tonight..
This stuff is really cool..............
Just like to thank everyone so much......this forum is the tops.......Luv ya Guys Jim

another question please

Postby jamcrky » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:56 pm

After working with my new found templates, I do have another question
I have a project in the works and I woudl like to add some of templates to the project at the end of timeline..
How would I do this......every time I open templates I cant unless I saved the current show...
Once again thanks from a grateful old guy....... :lol: :lol: Jim

never mind folks

Postby jamcrky » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:03 pm

I figured it out copy and paste ...gee it only took 2 beers to figure that out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby nannybear » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:11 pm

Wine or beers, whatever it takes.....lol hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates