Template problem still

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Template problem still

Postby amazingmary » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:20 pm

I wrote yesterday stating a problem within a keyframe with 6 photos - all six are shown small size in the round on the background and each one takes a turn and enlarges in the middle and then returns to its original place on background- the first two photos come up and each one in turn covers any photos they are in front of but then the third one comes up and the second one (even though it is small and to the side) is on top of the third one..and the rest have the same problem...
I got an answer this am stating that it depends upon the order I have the photos in the layer as to which one will cover which one- I guess I'm missing something - when my first photo layer enlarges it is on top of all layers and also with the second one - but not on the third and the photos thereafter- sorry don't get it.... can someone clue me in on this one- it seems like it should be simple but it isn't working- thanks for anyone's help!! :cry:
Amazing Mary

Postby heckydog » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:47 am

If you are trying to do this effect in one frame you won't be able to because you are not able to change the order of the layers within one slide.

IOW, if your pics are numbered 1,2,3,4,5,6, then 1 will always be on top of 2, and 3 will always be on top of 4 and below 2, and so on. Therefore, when they move to the center they will still cover or be covered by the adjoining picture. When you said 1 and 2 worked correctly that is probably not true because 2 should still be below 1 and be covered partially by it.

The secret to your effect is to make 5 more copies of the slide and then for each you can then change the layer position of the picture you want moving to the center to the top position. By using a cut transition no one will ever see that you have switched layer positions and it will appear to be one continuous movement. Sort of like a magician doing sleight of hand to keep the Ace on top :D Each slide will have the picture to be moved in the number 1 position. For your effect the position of the rest don't matter.

It's kind of confusing until you actually do it but I hope this helps explain it a little better.

Joe

Template problems still

Postby amazingmary » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:30 am

Heckydog- thanks for your interesting input. I will certainly give that a try later on today - HECK (no pun intended) I will try anything to make it work!!! This frame I'm working in is in a template that I got here on this website and I almost deleted it but loved it enough to try to make it work- because it wasn't working on all the frames---- Thanks again for your help!!!
Amazing Mary

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:00 pm

Joe

Good explaination. I saw this query about five hours ago and was just coming on to answer it. Beaten to it. :lol:

If you have six photos, then you are going to need six slides to show it in. The picture yiu are zomming must always be layer 1 to be on top of the others. Just what Joe siad far more eliquently.

Brian

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates