Masks- How to actually use them?

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
MrsGrowle

Masks- How to actually use them?

Postby MrsGrowle » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:05 am

*also posted in PSP Troubleshooting*
Masks- How to actually use them- instead of just collecting them :)

I have not had much luck in finding my answer within the search results, and frankly I am exhausted and sidelined with every post!
I would like to understand Masks.

I have MANY downloaded and saved. I understand how to put them into the show, but I have yet to figure out HOW to get the pictures in them(lets not even worry about movements)

So Say I have 4 box .png that I want to use to display 4 pictures.

I am learning templates and have figured out how to add a picture to the box, little adjustments needed, fits all by itself. How do u get 4 pictures to fit in the boxes? I can see 1 picture under the mask of 4 boxes. MANUALLY make them fit? UGHH? why bother to use them?

I am having trouble putting the layers pallet in the correct order, understanding which one needs to be the mask and exactly where in needs to be placed(above or below) and if I am using PNG files, i thought I read somewhere that it did not need to be a mask because it already had transparencies? HUH

I also have had problems with all the pictures behind a "mask" can be seen outside the mask borders. I have corrected that by making the "frames" i want to use Fill Screen. Is this right?
I am overwhelmed.
Could someone explain how to use the masks I have coming out the wazoo?

Thanks

callie

Postby nannybear » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:01 am

You could put the pictures on a canvas in Photoshop and then slap the 4 box over that if movement isn't an issue. The thing with Masks ( that are built with a transparency ) not the "mask" tick box option, is that they are desinged to go over the pictures you want to frame. If the pic comes outside that, either the pic is too big or the mask wasn't made big enough for the PSP screen zone. As to the movement you need to copy the same settings to the mask layer as the pic so they move exactly the same way. My two cents and I think I am on the mark... :lol: Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates