Layer problems with 'Photo Frame' mask

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Pauline

Layer problems with 'Photo Frame' mask

Postby Pauline » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:52 pm

Hi everyone

I've used the Foto Frame template, one of Adda's (Andreas) in a show but the top layer which is the white photo frame jumps to the back while the slide plays, but seems to jump forward again as the slide reaches the transition.

I've tried stopping the rotation and zoom of the top frame layer and only moving the image behind but it's still happening. I'm out of ideas besides keeping all the layers still but the effect just isn't good that way :? Any solution would be appreciated as I'm really fond of this template...

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:30 pm

I forgot to mention that this problem is only occuring once I've burned the show to iso. During playback within Producer everything runs fine. I've watched the problem occur during rendering. Or is there a bug in 1942 that might be causing it?

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:42 am

Well, I don't think you are imagining it -- I remember a number
of posts about problems with layers getting trashed during the
render. Hopefully some of the others remember more - I will
snoop around after I get my coffee and see if I can remember
what the post titles were, but there have been issues with
layer order and I don't think they have it fixed yet. Anybody
else remember the details ??

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby PhotoMagicCreations » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:53 am

Hi Pauline,

I, too, had this problem. It has been a while, so I hope this works. What you need to do is adjust the size of the mask a little smaller. (If you do not know which layer is the mask, double click on the slide and then click on the layers tab, and you will notice that one of the layers is marked as "mask." This is the layer that needs to be adjusted.) I believe the mask layer and the frame layer are the same size, and somehow the mask hides the frame while in movement. If you make this layer smaller, it should work for you.

Kelly

Postby czali » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:01 am

I was told that if you apply the anti-flicker when you create then that should solve it. I have not tested it yet but will be burning one in a couple of days and will let you know.

Colleen

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:11 pm

Thanks Mikey, Kelly and Colleen

It does seem to be a mask problem. Today I'll try the idea of adjusting the mask, and if no success I'll go the anti flicker. After thinking about it I wondered if I may be able to create a new mask in photoshop which has part opacity around the white frame and transparency inside it, which may create a similar effect as the template I used.

I appreciate your thoughts and I'll let you know if I still have trouble after your solutions :)

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:09 pm

As an update, notice that there is a new version for download
from the Photodex site today (build 1966). Debbie posted that in
another area. I couldn't get the page to load, so I don't know
what changes were made, but there is a new version (with
different bugs ..... errr "features" :D )

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby dcbyrne » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:55 pm

I installed the new version tonight and could not view anyones show. I wanted to see Bob's new auto show and it would not load. I let it try and load for at least 10 minutes and nothing. I then tried 3 shows from others to include my own and still nothing. I uninstalled Producer and reinstalled again from my saved version on my hard drive. Bingo, everything is fine again. Now, every time I want to see a show, a message appears that there is a new version of Presenter available do you want to upgrade. From now on you can bet I will check NO. So Mikey's right there is a new version (with
different bugs ..... errr "features"

Douglas

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:32 pm

Well, normally, I don't defend them, but in this case, you
might want to give it another shot - either their servers or
something in the network to them has been acting very odd
tonight (I tried to upload my "flipping slide" example 3 times
and it timed out each time - the next time I tried, it suddenly
uploaded it 3 times quickly and I had to delete 3 of the 4
copies that I ended up with).
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6343&alb=0

I went into control panel -> Add Remove
and removed presenter and let it re-install it again (new version
is 1966). Seems to work fine on the shows I tried and
worked fine on any I tried that I had already downloaded
and made a copy of locally. Haven't tried the new version
of Producer yet though - nap time :D

mikey

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:28 pm

Hi Kelly

Just want to let you know that last night I made the mask fit just within the white frame and all is fixed!!! :) I would have liked to be able to use Adda's template the way it was designed but never mind. I think I'll save this version as a template for future use. Thanks again!

And Mikey

I think you're a real sweety, very clever and very kind to everyone all the time :wink:

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates