Schindlers Effect

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
woody1

Schindlers Effect

Postby woody1 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:39 am

Hi. Does anyone has a tutorial on how to make the Schindlers Effect in a photo??? This effect is the one in which you have a gray picture with just one object in color. Thanks.

Woody

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:59 am

Not sure if this is exactly what you want, but one way to do it is
with two copies of the picture. The bottom one you convert to B/W.
The top one, you cut out the object and delete the background (or
paste it into a new image). Set the transparent background on the
new one so only the cutout shows. You can now layer the two and
do what you want (including moving your cutout around the other
picture). Is that what you wanted to do ??

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:01 pm

fstop

Postby fstop » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:43 am

Woody, you didn't specific what type of photo editing program you were using. Are you using Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CS2 etc? The effect you are looking for is pretty easy to accomplish in either of the two programs. Let me know which one and I will be happy to give you the steps.

Steve

eep

Re: Schindlers Effect

Postby eep » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:53 am

woody1 wrote:Hi. Does anyone has a tutorial on how to make the Schindlers Effect in a photo??? This effect is the one in which you have a gray picture with just one object in color. Thanks.

Woody

SAMPLES ON

WWW.DIGITAL-WORLD.NL

GREETINGS AB

woody1

Postby woody1 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:30 am

Thank you guys. You are very gentle. Steve, Im using Photoshop 2. Im not an expert in Photosho. Need the steps on how doing that.

Thanks

woody1

Postby woody1 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:43 am

Photoshop Elements 2

woody1

Postby woody1 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:19 am

Thanks. I got what I want with Brians link to Nannibear's tutorial. This Nannibear is awesome.

Thanks again

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:10 pm

Hi Woody

Don't know if you've checked out the 'Dom Sharing Place' but he offers a template for download there.

suzq49

Gray picture, one color

Postby suzq49 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:13 pm

I just recently discovered a program called Color Select Studio. You can see it at MagicSplash.com. It's a very nice program for only about $15.00 and does what you want it to do.

Valued Member

Postby thedom » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:00 pm

Woody,

You might be interested by this photoshop action :
http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?ac ... file_id=34
Tutorials, masks, demos, photoshop actions...Over 180 files already avalaible... and more to come! Please go visit http://www.thedom.fr/share

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:42 pm

Thanks for that info suzq I just purchased Color Select Studio, it couldn't be any easier to use.

Homersaysdoh

Re: Schindlers Effect

Postby Homersaysdoh » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:08 am

woody1 wrote:Hi. Does anyone has a tutorial on how to make the Schindlers Effect in a photo??? This effect is the one in which you have a gray picture with just one object in color. Thanks.

Woody

Wow something I can help with, new to the site and finding it awesome, so great that I can help, what you want to do is called "colour popping" and rather than go through an explanation if you put colour popping or color popping in google you will find what you want e.g. http://www.digital-photography-tips.net ... raphy.html :)

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates