No companion .pxc file

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Barry88

No companion .pxc file

Postby Barry88 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:28 pm

I have dowloaded templates for "The Thing" and "A day at the Zoo" and added them to the appropriate folder for producer.

They do not show on the list Show Templates/Open Templates, presumably because there is no .pxc file with the download.

Can someone help me here please, there seems to be something I have not got right?

Barry

jotafl

Postby jotafl » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:39 am

Barry I have the same problem. When I try to open the template is not there. :(

DPOP

Postby DPOP » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:20 am

PSP creates the .pxc file when you open the template. Did you place the .pst file in your templates' folder?

Dan

Barry88

Postby Barry88 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Yes, it (the .pst template) was put in the templates folder with other templates that I have downloaded. PSP does not show the templates that have no .pxc file.

Other templates, that when unpacked, and have a .pxc file are shown in the "Show Templates" list.

Barry

DPOP

Postby DPOP » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:05 pm

Barry88 wrote:Yes, it (the .pst template) was put in the templates folder with other templates that I have downloaded. PSP does not show the templates that have no .pxc file.

Other templates, that when unpacked, and have a .pxc file are shown in the "Show Templates" list.

Barry

Barry, I'm not sure what's going on. Hopefully, someone with more technical experience will give you some help. All I know for sure is what happens with my pc. I can go to the templates' folder, delete the .pxc file, and then open the template up in PSP and a .pxc file is created. Sorry, I can't give you a solution to your problem. Dan

Postby HunnyB » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:23 pm

I am having the same problem. None of my templates are showing up when I try
to "open template" from Producer.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:34 pm

Just out of curiosity -- have you exited Producer then re-started it
again AFTER you put the templates in the folder ?? I know with a
number of folders for media etc, Producer does not refresh it's list
of what is in there until I exit Producer and restart it or do some other
funny stuff with going out of the folder to somewhere else then back
in and forcing it to re-examine the contents.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Help for downloading and installing templates

Postby nannybear » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:38 pm

I have created a tutorial file that I can"YOU SEND IT" to you. I posted it on Photodex ( http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6037&alb=0) but it is pretty big and takes forever ( actually haven't seen it play yet)
Send me an email at nannybear@shaw.ca and I will send it to you. 9:36 PST my time now, and I will be at work tomorrow, but will get on it when I get home....

Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates