Some easy templates, please share yours

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
caimakale

Some easy templates, please share yours

Postby caimakale » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:12 pm

I am in the process of making a 1 hour 40 minute dvd. I have created several templates for motion effects with multiple slides and am willing to share some of them. I don't want to post everything I have done until I see others chip in and contribute. I am doing this because I need more templates for my show and I am hoping this will kick start people into posting some of your templates.

Here are the links, hopefully we will start seeing some more show up in here now.

http://home.comcast.net/~video_creator/ ... l_path.zip
http://home.comcast.net/~video_creator/ ... _stack.zip

BTW a readme on how to install is included.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:33 am

caimakale

Thank you for the post.

Your easy install way works, given in the zipped text file. This should for most people as the default location used by PSP is the path given. The only problem is the folder 'templates' does not exist until a template has been saved by using 'show>show templates>save as template'.

The folder can be created by using a 'dummy' saved template. Use the path given in the text file, insert the new templates and then delete the two 'dummy' files. This is a quick way of creating this template folder.

EDIT:- Just re-read my message, the paragraph above does not make sense :oops:

The folder can be created by using a 'dummy' saved template. Create a couple of slides (anything because it will be deleted later). Save this as a template (show>show templates>save as template). This will create the template folder. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Photodex\Proshow Producer\Templates and delete the two dummy files just created.
Brian
Last edited by briancbb on Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

caimakale

Postby caimakale » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:31 pm

Great info Brian, I did not know that.

Thanks

Valued Member

Postby rouseet » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:26 pm

I have a question about templates. Let's say we have 5 different templates built and we want to use all 5. How do we combine the 5 templates into one show and I hope you don't say copy and paste?

Thanks

Tommy

caimakale

Postby caimakale » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:50 pm

Thats how I do it.

When I open up a saved template it opens up a new show in my current project, I then copy and paste the template and put it in the show I want and then add the pictures.

I don't know if there is a better way to do it or not, this is what works for me though.

Valued Member

Postby rouseet » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:19 pm

Thanks Caimakale,

You would think that they would append any time, at any place in the show we are constructing. I guess they could be

good for sharing some of the nice arrangements of slides I see in a lot of shared slide shows.

Did you upload your templates to your website? I don't know how they can be shared unless there is somewhere to

upload templates.

Tommy

caimakale

Postby caimakale » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:32 pm

They are in storage space my ISP offers.

It would be nice if we could attach files in these forums. It would make it alot easier to share them.

If you have some you want to share let me know and I will send you my email address. I will put them on my space and you can post the links so you can have the credit. My site is just storage, not an actual webpage so I won't be taking any credit for others work.

If I need to, I can make a website with sharing capabilities. I have server space (not sure how much bandwidth though) and plenty of php/mysql knowledge combined with some forum software to open a site up.

I have created some more templates and will continue to do so, but would also like to see others work too.

When I get time in the next couple days, maybe I will put demos up on the photodex website of each of the templates I am sharing.

Valued Member

Postby rouseet » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:24 am

Caimakale, Here is the only template I own at the present time. It is rather large, it contains a video file. If you want it I can upload it to you through You Send It and it won't take you but about a minute or two to download it. I will need an e-mail address in order to inform you when you can download. I uploaded it to photodex at this address. After the intro you will have to operate the pause/play button.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2755&alb=0

Tommy

Template

Postby Armand Mizan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:50 am

Hi Tommy

I had a look at your template and thought it was great.Please can you send me your files, if you don't mind.

I have not created any templates yet..still learning, but as soon as I have I will be sure to share them.

My email is armandmizan@yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks very much :D
Cheers

Armand
Regards

Armand Mizan

Esteemed Member

Postby SusanW » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:04 pm

I was hoping this area would grow also. I am sorry to say that I have only created one template. It is not something that others would want. It has slides specific to my grandbabies. I made each of them their own personal dvd along the same format. I need to get busy and do something creative. I appreciate those that have been shared, Caimakale, and would love to have your's also, Tommy. If you would email me a link I would love it. You can send it to ladiesue@gmail.com . As soon as I create something worth sharing I will be happy to share it. I will make that a priority.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:12 am

Susan is a bit like me. I have enjoyed the templates submitted by caimakale and have instaled them (see my previous message).

I have experimented and can now produce templates in simple terms. I am trying to produce them using a frame that I can zoom within, but as the 'frame' is a picture layer I am getting nowhere fast. It does not seem possible but I'll keep trying untill frustration gets the better of me.

Perhaps one day I will produce something worthy of submitting.

Thanks caimakale for your submission.

Brian

Valued Member

Postby rouseet » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:47 am

Deleted post
Last edited by rouseet on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andorra

creation of templates

Postby Andorra » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:00 pm

Hello!

Could someone give me a little indication of how to create the templates, or where to find this information? I suppose it is done in a drawing program,
but that the only cle I have.

Thanks a lot.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:41 pm

Tommy

There is a slight problem with your Template.

The template is prompting for the jpg's, mp3 etc to go with the set. I'm afraid you will have to upload them as well :evil:

Gee, getting to use templates is complicated. I've been playing with them tonight and still got nowhere.

Brian

PS Think I will have a go at the jigsaw tutorial of Mikes, it may be easier :shock:

Esteemed Member

Postby SusanW » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:03 pm

Thanks Tommy for sharing your template.
Caimakale, I just installed and played around with your templates. Those are awesome. I gives me some ideas. I think seeing others' templates will help those of us who need to get creative and maybe inspire us to create and share our own.
Last edited by SusanW on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates