Variable slide times - how to cope with this

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Variable slide times - how to cope with this

Postby mrsmac » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:09 pm

I put shows together for the local camera club. On this occasion, we are having the judge present to give his comments in person.

So - how do I set up the show to allow for varable 'comment time' in advance, and still be able to advance the show when he stops speaking?

I could do something in PowerPoint, but I prefer working in Producer.

Re: Variable slide times - how to cope with this

Postby cherub » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:17 pm

The only options to stop a show are these:
If you play an executable or a ProShow Presenter show - then press Space Bar.
If you play a video clip, then pause it from your media player, as you would pause any other movie.
There is no way to create slides (or slide styles) with variable times and/or pauses.

Postby mrsmac » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:50 am

I have a solution now. I have made the estimate that the judge will speak for no longer than 2 minutes (and if he does, I have another solution!).

I have a Logitech Wireless Presenter 400 and have found that when the show is displayed in Producer.exe format, the relevant slide can be moved forward when needed (or back if required). So - we are all good to go. :)

So - now all I need is some more results to finish my part in the slideshow of results presentation.

Postby cherub » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:13 am

Glad that you've found a solution that works for you.

Postby Astra » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:33 am

Maybe following idea - could be what you are looking for:

When Publishing a slideshow as EXECUTABLE - hit button: "CREATE" ...
....in "OPTION" screen - (on the RIGHT half side) - there is "On-Screen Controls" - click on the square to ENABLE it.
... (what it does: This option well enable & disable the ON-SCREEN TOOLBAR for pausing, resuming, seeking (show timeline) - also: adjusting volume)

I just checked it .... (by creating EXE file with this feature included):

You will get:
a. on the bottom of your slideshow a narrow "time-strip" -
b. in left (bottom) corner will be a "double-line" to STOP the show, or an "arrow" to continue - a mouse will do it - (similar to DVD controls)
c. on right side of this "time-strip" - is time-count & progress of the show
d. on bottom right corner - is volume control.

Hope this will help.

Postby Kneedeep248 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi,

I am looking at doing a show, that will be narrated. Each slide timing will be based on the narration, so very variable. I would like to put the show on a DVD player. So, I am not aware if I can control the stopping and starting of each slide manually? As mentioned earlier in this post, maybe it would be better to use PowerPoint? Ouch :-)

I read about making an executable, but I think that would mean running it from a computer, right?

Thanks,

Postby Astra » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Dear "Kneedeep248": (Sat-Sep-30-2017) :

as for you interesting question:

- suggestions:

1 - YES - definitely - PowerPoint could do it as well: (... click, advance slide, click next slide, etc .... & voice over ===> good choice for this type of presentation) ....

2 - BUT - if using Producer - (in which: Producer is NOT intended / designed for this kind of operation ...but you can still " get around" ...) :

3 - do not use music in your slideshow - ... it will disturb you audience, if the music will stop suddenly ....

4 - in Producer - make EXE - (directly into your computer - or DVD burn) - with: "ON-SCREEN TOOLBAR".....
...... so you can better control yours: " STOP" & "CONTINUE" with the mouse ....

Hope it will help,
Alex/Astra

Postby Kneedeep248 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Astra wrote:Dear "Kneedeep248": (Sat-Sep-30-2017) :

[i]as for you interesting question:

4 - in Producer - make EXE - (directly into your computer - or DVD burn) - with: "ON-SCREEN TOOLBAR".....
...... so you can better control yours: " STOP" & "CONTINUE" with the mouse ....

Hope it will help,
Alex/Astra

Thanks, I think that will work... I did as you said, it created two files. A show for a DVD, the other for PC exe. It seems the DVD can be stopped with the space bar. Thanks

Postby Astra » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:01 pm

to: "Kneedeep248"

Glad, my input was (somehow) usefull to help you in your project.....

.... and please, if you can - let us know - how it worked for you...

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates