Favorites Feature in Producer 6 - Not Working?

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Favorites Feature in Producer 6 - Not Working?

Postby min » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:55 pm

I have recently upgraded from Producer 4.5 to Producer 6 - In slidestyles blog Brandon did a tutorial (article) on "the addition of the New FAVORITES where you can flag and find your favorite slide styles and transitions. He said Favorites will be categorized in a NEW Favorites category with a star.

When I had Producer 4.5 I had set up a category Favorites in my styles list and had 63. Not sure when I upgraded to Producer 6 about the slide styles called Favorites - I thought it was 0 - however, today I followed Brandons instructions "to mark an effect as a Favorite, open the FX dialog, select an effect (or group) then click the 'star' icon in the bottom left of the window. That's it Your favourite transitions & slide styles can now be easily accessed from the 'Favorites' category'

I did this, following the instructions I went through the list of slide styles and opened each up selecting styles I have previously used plus some additional styles I have received from someone as well as some of the 3D effects which comes with Producer 6.

Yes when I did this the star appeared beside the relevant slide in the Effects listing.

My Favorites old listing of Effects Styles didn't change - it is showing only the old Favorite Effect styles I put in some years ago, most I no longer want. All of the additional new effect styles I added aren't listed under "Favorites".

I thought after carrying out Brandons instructions a new FAVORITES category relevant to Producer 6 would be produced and all the slide effects I flagged today would appear as a new category!

Has anyone else had problems like this, can anyone please help me sort out what has gone wrong. I thought I had done what the tutorial said, but obviously I haven't.

Thank you
Shirley

Re: Favorites Feature in Producer 6 - Not Working?

Postby cherub » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:36 am

Hi Shirley,

I think that I can help you out, because I had the same problem at the beginning, and Photodex guided me through.

But first, I would like to make sure that I understand properly what you wrote.

The new category "Favorites" created by Producer 6 should appear at the very top of your list of categories, right under "All Categories". Do you see it on your computer ?
Does it include all the styles that you marked ?

The new Favorites has nothing to do with the old one that you yourself created in Producer 4.5 and it does not overwrite it, nor add anything to it.
It is as if the two are completely different things.

Can you please confirm that you see the same thing on your computer?
If yes, I will write the instructions that I received from Photodex.

Postby min » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:05 am

Mona As always you come to my rescue - Thank you so much I opened Producer and looked at the top and found the Favorites I created today. My old (out of date favourite file is still there under F) - guess I got confused with the alphabet only looking for Favorites under F.

Thank you so much Mona

Best Regards
Shirley

Postby cherub » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:14 am

Yes, I thought that's what was happening. The new "Favorites" is not exactly a category like all the others, so it doesn't appear with all the rest, in alphabetic order.

Do you want to keep your old "Favorites" or do you want to get rid of them, now that you have the newly created one?
Do you know how?

If you get rid of the old "Favorites" category, it won't appear in Producer 4.5 either, if you are still using it.

Esteemed Member

Postby Aida » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Shirley,
In addition to Mona's explanation, you might also find useful this video posted today on the Photodex blog:

Organizing Effects with the Favorites Feature in ProShow 6
Photodex says:
[snip] . . . The new Favorites feature in ProShow Gold 6 + Producer 6 helps you highlight
your favorites quickly and easily. You’ll be able to find and flag your favorite effects in seconds [snip] ...

Here's the link to this tutorial:
http://www.slideshowblog.com/2014/02/organizing-effects-with-the-favorites-feature-in-proshow-6/
Hope you'll find it useful
-aida
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must
carry it with us or we find it not." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Postby min » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Mona thanks for your reply - no I don't want to keep the old Favorites I created ages ago in Producer 4.5 - I'd appreciate your advice on how to remove it. Many thanks.

Aida thank you for your information - I have that article thank you.

Shirley

Postby cherub » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:43 pm

min wrote:Mona thanks for your reply - no I don't want to keep the old Favorites I created ages ago in Producer 4.5 - I'd appreciate your advice on how to remove it. Many thanks.
Shirley

Hi again Sirley,
To remove the old category "Favorites"

Go to Tools > Manage Effects > Styles. Click on the old favorites category on the left (the one that has all your old favorites).
Click the All button at the bottom of the window. Make sure that all have the star icon (if you want them added to the new favorites).
Next, while all the styles are still selected, click on the Categorize button, and uncheck the favorites category on all of them, and press Apply.

When no styles are left in the old "Favorites" category, this category will disappear because it has no content. :D

Postby min » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi Mona
Thanks for that information on deleting the old favorite's file. Glad I asked for your help :D

Best regards
Shirley

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates