Wizard Themes Available?

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Wizard Themes Available?

Postby silverfox » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:44 am

Does anyone offer new complete Wizard Theme Packages for purchase?
We keep searching and can't seem to find any available. Thanks for the help.
the Fox

Re: Wizard Themes Available?

Postby cherub » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:55 pm

I'm not sure that I understand your request.
A wizard theme is made out of slide styles and transitions.
You cannot have just the theme, without purchasing all the rest.

Once you have all "the components", you can make your own theme, complete with your own music, and the effects that you like.

Postby jojo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 am

Are you asking for Harry Potter like type themes?

Postby silverfox » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:14 am

Mona,
ProShow Producer has slide styles, transitions and "wizard themes" featuring 3D tilt effects.
We are looking for professionally created 'wizard themes" which contain selected slide styles and tranistion. As we understand it, a ".pwt" file is a file with preselected styles and transitions, am I correct.
And yes I know we can create our own wizards but we would like to obtain "professionally and artistically" designed themes - as would be created by someone with creative talents as you and others have.
Thanks for the advise.
The Fox is learning.

Postby debngar » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:21 am

If creating your own Wizard theme from the tools within ProShow doesn't suit your needs, Producer has a feature for creating a template out of a show that includes the styles and transitions with the content stripped out. It's not the same as a Wizard though and the show will be the same as the one it was created from, not mix up the styles and sequence, etc. The user then drags and drops the new content into the template and the program populates the slides automatically. There is almost always some amount of adjustment needed for the images in the slides though to make them look their best in the display.

A template is like the framework of a show and the pictures are the covering.

Jennifer (VidQueen) sells styles and template shows via her website choiceslides.com
http://www.choiceslides.com/collections ... /templates

Also Mona (Cherub):
http://seemonasblog.blogspot.com/p/pros ... ducer.html

And Iris (Trulytango)
http://trulytangotemplates.wordpress.com/

If you just want slidestyles to create your own Wizard theme, BarbaraC has some at her website too but I don't think she offers templates. http://www.theframelocker.com/

There are others but these are the first to come to mind.

Look in the "marketplace section" for other vendors if you don't see what you need above.
viewforum.php?f=7

ProShow Web has quite a few themes if that's what you're looking for but the idea is to subscribe to the service to access them and some may require the purchase of additional slidestyle packs from Photodex to work properly. I don't use ProShow Web all that much and so haven't dug into that in detail but it looks like they add new themes periodically.
Last edited by debngar on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby cherub » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:07 am

silverfox wrote:Mona,
ProShow Producer has slide styles, transitions and "wizard themes" featuring 3D tilt effects.
We are looking for professionally created 'wizard themes" which contain selected slide styles and transitions. As we understand it, a ".pwt" file is a file with preselected styles and transitions, am I correct.
And yes I know we can create our own wizards but we would like to obtain "professionally and artistically" designed themes - as would be created by someone with creative talents as you and others have.
Thanks for the advise.
The Fox is learning.

Now I understand your request better.
But, you see, in order for me to create "a preselected" list of styles and transitions, I would need to know several things, for example: what kind of pictures you are using and how well they are suited to what I have in mind, what slide styles and what transitions are already installed on your computer, and what kind of music you are going to use.
You may also find, that you want a wizard theme that contains, for example, styles and transitions from Photodex, from me, and from Jennifer, all in one wizard theme.
A very professional show would need to be perfectly synchronized to your music, or do you also wish to get the music too? You know that distribution of music is not an option, because we do not have the legal rights for this.

I agree with Debbie, that you may find that a template suits your needs much better than having a ready made wizard theme. I don't know about the other vendors, but when you purchase a template from me, you do get the order of things, exactly as you see them in the demo clip.
And, still, you will need to make your own changes, because your pictures are different than mine, because your taste in music is different than mine, or because you want to use the template for more, or for less pictures than what I prepared, or any number of additional reasons that pop into mind.

Postby debngar » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:27 am

cherub wrote:-snip-
And, still, you will need to make your own changes, because your pictures are different than mine, because your taste in music is different than mine, or because you want to use the template for more, or for less pictures than what I prepared, or any number of additional reasons that pop into mind.

As Mona pointed out (and I agree), needs and taste in slideshow display designs vary from person to person. They can consist of anything from soup to nuts, from being subdued and minimalistic to displaying all sorts of busy and distracting elements that may focus mainly on the effects instead of the images and story or purpose of the show, or consist of anything in between.

If it's a custom product developed exclusively for silverfox company use for instance, I would say to be prepared to pay a higher fee for that service as well, if you can find someone that wants to provide that service for you.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby silverfox » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks for all the advise. We have a lot to learn.
I noticed on Facebook today that in the new Proshow Web they are offering 82 "Wizard Themes" . . . . so it seems that one solution for us is to use Proshow Web for quick shows and forget about using Producer on our computer. ???? Seems to us that there would be a market for Wizard Themes (.pwt files) ?????????

The Fox

Postby cherub » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:13 am

silverfox wrote:Thanks for all the advise. We have a lot to learn.
I noticed on Facebook today that in the new Proshow Web they are offering 82 "Wizard Themes" . . . . so it seems that one solution for us is to use Proshow Web for quick shows and forget about using Producer on our computer. ???? Seems to us that there would be a market for Wizard Themes (.pwt files) ?????????

The Fox

Perhaps.
Just be aware that ProShow Web, apart from the dedicated thematic effects included in each theme, also makes use of the styles and transitions that are included in Photodex' StylePacks. The more styles you purchase, the richer your shows will be. If you haven't purchased any effects, then the results will be rather dull and repetitive.

Postby silverfox » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:27 am

Thanks to all for the advise.

The Fox is still learning!

Postby PhotoBob » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Try looking at this video, it shows you how to create themes in Proshow from the styles that you already have, as well as how to take the themes that you have and add styles to them in order to change your shows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJKFezpPp_4
Producer V5, PS CS6, Lightroom 5, Olympus OMD E-M5
BS Ed Indiana State university, MS Ed Indiana University

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates