Creating a Promo Video in PSP

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Creating a Promo Video in PSP

Postby Showgreenwheatgrass1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:31 am

Hi all,
Do you think PSP would be able to create a short promo video like this below? I'm looking to create a promo video for a sports day. I know adobe Premier and After FX most certainly could but those are expensive options. What do you think? I would be using mostly stills instead of videos.

Re: Creating a Promo Video in PSP

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:42 pm

That calls for After Effects or something of the sort. To do anything like this in Producer would probably call for a multitude of layers and keyframing for each layer. You'd go stark-raving mad and might not ever achieve what you really want. You're best off rethinking what you'd like to create, saving your sanity and your pennies for software that can more easily create such effects. There's more than just Adobe out there in the world. Maybe someone has a suggestion for something. I'd be all ears myself.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:50 pm

Yeah, I agree with Barbara. You can do this in producer with a large number of different layers and LOTS of keyframes.

You could reduce those keyframes by creating the background video in After Effects, ProAnimator, Bluff Titler, or the like. Then put do the captions stuff in PSP. Even that will be a pretty nifty exercise of lots of layers and a goodly share of keyframes. Not all that difficult but time consuming to get right. But, you might just as well create the whole thing in one of those other applications. They're more suited for this kind of thing.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:23 am

Thinking about this, there IS a kind of trick you can pull in Producer: Create an effect such as those shifting images for a background, save the little show as a video, and then use that video in a show, layering images and text over it. You can build up things this way, I'm sure, by then saving the slide with the added items as a video, and then using this new video in a show. In this way, you can slowly build up the effects rather than trying to do them from start to end with all those layers and keyframes in one session.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby heckydog » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:10 am

Optionally, if the OP knows someone with After Effects they could have a look at what's available on http://www.videohive.net

Lots of different AE projects to choose from and many are reasonably priced, $5 to $20, for some pretty sophisticated shows. They may not be as intricate as the sample but they may suit your needs. I searched just for projects to do with sports and got almost 600 hits.

BluffTitler is a more reasonable priced option and they sell what are called Bixpacks and one of them is sports themed.

Joe

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates