The Grid

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

The Grid

Postby Rob_Hughes » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:14 pm

Hello

I am using slide style 'the Grid' in ProShow producer.

At the moment all of the images I have put in the Grid pan out, which is not what I need. I need all the images to be static, but I don't see what I need to do to keep them static.

Can anyone give some advice.

Many thanks
Rob

Re: The Grid

Postby im42n8 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:28 pm

The grid doesn't become "complete" until fully populated by the 2nd through 10th images (Images 1 and 11 are the starting and ending images, layers 24 and 25).

The style has the grid image size changing from the slide's start to finish. Just make the size unchanging (start and end zooms being the same value). You'll want to visit the zoom settings of image layers 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 23. Assuming that your images are all 3:2 aspect, a size that fits the grid correctly will be closer to a zoom of 26.

Now for some technical details.
• Each grid is 18.75 wide and 12.25 tall (for an aspect of 1.53). The grid, as populated, is off-center a little (the masks and images are not correctly placed). The grid lines, as placed, are fine. For best placement of the images in the defined grid (defined by layers 1 through 5) , the following changes should be made.

The mask (even layer numbers from layer 6 to layer 22) for each image should be at:
• The 1st/2nd/3rd column should be placed at pan-x= -19.5/0.0/19.5
• The 1st/2nd/3rd row should should be placed at pan-y= -26.5/0.0/26.5

The images (odd layer numbers from layer 7 to layer 23) should be placed at:
• The 1st/2nd/3rd column should be placed at pan-x= -19/0.0/19.
• The 1st/2nd/3rd row should should be placed at pan-y= -28.75/0.0/28.75

This places the image center in the center of the "grid" segment. It also makes it easier to change the image size to keep it to just filling that grid segment.

Hope this helps.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:00 pm

Rob_Hughes wrote:Hello
I am using slide style 'the Grid' in ProShow producer.
At the moment all of the images I have put in the Grid pan out, which is not what I need. I need all the images to be static, but I don't see what I need to do to keep them static.
Can anyone give some advice.
Many thanks
Rob

I understand your question a bit differently than Dale.
I understand that you want your grid to remain on screen at the end of your slide, and not to disappear when the additional image is inserted, and covers the whole screen.
If this is your intention, here is how to do it:

1. Delete layer 25 (Landscape Image 11)
2. In layer 5 (Grid border), RIGHT CLICK on keyframe 4 and from the menu that opens choose "DELETE".
Drag keyframe 3 (which is now your last one), to the right, until it reaches the end of the bar
3. In Layer 6 (that is a black rectangular mask). Go to keyframe 4, and in Effects/Adjustments, change the opacity from 0 to 100.
Since you want this change to apply to all the masks in your slide, do this:
RIGHT CLICK on the number 100 that you just wrote, and from the menu that opens, choose: "Copy Opacity to All Keyframes on This Slide"

That's it! :D
Now, when you play your slide, the grid shows up until the end of the slide.

Notice that your images ,inside of the grid, have a bit of motion. Some images zoom in, and some images zoom out. This is the beauty of this style.
If you want your images not to zoom at all, and be static throughout your slide, you will have to modify the zoom values.
In EACH layer that is one of your images, select keyframe 1. RIGHT CLICK on this keyframe, and from the menu that opens, choose 'Copy to Next Keyframe". You can also reach this menu if you press on the icon"COPY" at the bottom of your screen.
Don't make any changes in layer 24 (Landscape Image 10) because that's the 1st image that appears at the beginning of your slide, before the grid.

Hope this helps,

Postby Rob_Hughes » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Dear both

Thank you very much for your in-depth responses, I shall have a close look at each and let you know how i get on.

Thanks once again.

Rob

Postby im42n8 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:12 pm

I've created a revamped version of Photodex's "The Grid" and am providing it on my freebies page:

http://www.fenimorephotovideos.com/freebies.html

I'm calling it "The Grid Grid"

The original version was intended for 4:3 and 3:2 images but was really focused more on 4:3 aspect images. This one is actually designed to work better for any image in an aspect range of 4:3 to 3:2. Shadows were added on each grid element to provide depth. The original Grid effect allowed you to add a shadow to the grid graphic. This made the images look inset (but you had to figure out which was the right graphic). The grid window also displays a shadow when it resizes to fill the screen (which reveals the last image).

It should now be MUCH easier to put images in a specific grid element where you want them. The original version didn't tell you how to arrange the images so they appeared in the desired order. In this effect, you apply your images in the order in which they are displayed (that is, first image, then the images in each row -- in turn -- from column 1 to column 3, and then the last image).

The changes should make customization easier than in the original version. As supplied, all images are static (they do not change size within their display region) -- just zoom in/out and/or pan each image, as desired (and as appropriate to the image used).

This is a quick demo of the revised effect:

Last edited by im42n8 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby Rob_Hughes » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:50 am

Dear im42n8

This really is great. I am going to try it out right now. It certainly appears to be much more simple to use.

Will let you know.
Rob

Postby Rob_Hughes » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:05 am

Dear Dale / both

This has immediately solved the issue. And it looks great! Thank you both for your valuable input.

Kind regards
Rob

Postby im42n8 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Rob,

Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy!

Dale

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates