wedding show, not as easy as I thought!

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Valued Member

wedding show, not as easy as I thought!

Postby juanb1203 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:55 am

I'm doing a wedding show for someone, and I thought it would be as easy as downloading the wedding template, dropping the photos in, and done, NOT! One of my problems is that they gave me 600+ photos from the wedding. I narrowed it down to about 250. Then I have to problem of putting the photos in sequence with the wedding, without leaving photos out, because the template is not made for this many photos. Then I have the problem of the size of the photos, the template might need a tall photo, but I might not have a tall photo to fit for that part of the wedding :cry: Then I have to problem of trying to make the music fit, and having certain songs start and end where I want them to :? This is drving me crazy :(

Re: wedding show, not as easy as I thought!

Postby Oldguy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:50 am

I understand, but that is about the way it is

Forrest

Postby im42n8 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Just because it's a "template" doesn't mean that it's going to work for anything at all. But, it should provide you with ammunition from which to pick and choose effects/slides for use in your own show. You're going to need to put your own personal touch on each show you create.

So, that means you may want to create a project and load the template in one show and your wedding show draft as the other show. The, you'll be copying slides from the template as needed, applying styles in your draft, and revising as necessary. Styles can of any type but you'll want to pick and choose those which may be appropriate to the theme used in the show. Also, you'll probably want to use the cross-fade style liberally. Too many effects is distracting to the viewer . . . so, use your effects sparingly and appropriately. It's either that or you'll be creating a show that most likely'll only be viewed once ...

The good slideshows may "look" easy to create but that "look" is deceptive ... as you've found, it's not as easy as it seems.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Valued Member

Postby juanb1203 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks for the advice all, I finally settled myself down, and have it just about all done :D I think I was just so overwhelmed at first with all of the photos, and I was just so convinced that I had to use just about all of them, and didn't want to leave anyone out. But after I took a good loook at all the photos, and narrowed them down, I realized that a lot of the photos are bascially showing the samething. I also realized that I didn't have to use all of the photos to tell the story of the wedding.

Now I only need help with one more little problem, and that is the music. I have about 3 songs, but I want the first one to end and the second one to start on a particular slide. I'm just not sure how to do it, without messing up the timing on the slides. For example, the 2nd song starts around slide #33, but I want it to start sooner, around slide #28. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Postby im42n8 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 pm

This is a tricky proposition. Each situation is going to be different ... it all depends on your show and how things are presented.

In general, I start with an idea that there are 3s per image with a 1s to 1.5s transition within a slide from one image to the next and 2s for each slide transition. This isn't a hard and fast rule but something to start with (since some images will be displayed longer and some shorter than 3s ... and some slide transitions may need to be much longer or slightly shorter ... again, it depends on your content and how it's presented). So, that means that the 33rd slide will be around 2.75 minutes (I'm not counting any time associated with any title slides).

So, make any necessary adjustments to the transitions and slide times to the slides. This will give you the time needed to present your content. If your tune is slightly longer or shorter than the required amount of time (for the 33 slides), you can adjust the slidetimes and transitions slightly to take up more or less of the song. If the difference is large, you'll either need to truncate the song (using Audacity, some audio editor, or PSP audio track editor; assuming the song is longer than the 33 slides) or make some other adjustment.

Since audio tracks fit to each other back to back, the 2nd song will immediately follow the first song (unless you add an offset to the 2nd song to move it away from the previous sound track).

Well, that's the gist of it. You'll need to play around with it to see what works best for you. Good luck! Have Fun.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Valued Member

Postby juanb1203 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:51 am

Thanks Dale, I will give that a try.

Postby evangary » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:40 am

To add to what Dale has posted, whenever I want to sync a range of photos to a particular song, I do the following:

1. Select the slides to go along with the first song by left-clicking on the first photo then shift-click the last photo. This will highlight all of the photos that I want to sync for the 1st song.
2. From the menu, select AUDIO --> Sync slides to audio.
3. In the dialog box that pops up, you can choose which slides to sync, which times to adjust (slide duration and/or transition), whether to keep the proportions for the transitions and slide durations, and which audio track to sync the slides to.
4. Press the SYNC button
5. Repeat for the next group of photos.

evangary

Postby euchreman » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:18 am

Depending on what photographs you have I would break the show down into 3 or 4 individual shows
1 before the service
2 inside the church ( if allowed some allow only one photographer for the service )
3 Outside the church with everyone and in the church grounds with the bride and groom - this allows the guests to get to the reception area first.
4 During the reception and the evening or what ever follows

Put this then realised not everyone gets a church wedding but its just an idea, saves having one long show and the break between shows gives time for a talk over it and a refill of drinks.
I have just done a wedding and I gave the guy x2 shows on the disc, I already realised he wasn't going to pay me for my time so he didn't get the best either.

Good Luck
Peter

Postby tdew » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:35 am

Also - breaking it up as Peter suggested, gives a nice pause for the change in the feel of the music. It's usually very different for the ceremony and the reception.

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates