Missing Slide Styles I purchased

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Missing Slide Styles I purchased

Postby LoveAruba » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:09 pm

I recently upgraded my computer from Vista to Windows 7. I saved everything from my computer to an exteral hard drive before I upgraded. When I reinstalled my Proshow, alot of the slide styles that I purchased, alot from Choice Slides (Choice Backgrounds) are not there anymore. Even the ones I made myself and others. I've learned the hard way to now save ALL of my downloads to an external drive so If this happens again I haven't lost it all, as I've spent alot of money on these slides. I've emailed Choice Slides and she said she's re-download all the ones I've purchased, I'm just dumbfounded as to why this happened. I'm thinking of getting a new computer in the near future and don't want this to happen again. Thanks for your responses. :)
Cori

Re: Missing Slide Styles I purchased

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 pm

And don't trust external drives. They have an unpleasant failure rate. Everything that's on mine is also archived to duplicate CD/DVD's. Such caution was brought on home today when my son's external drive died. He'd been slowly but surely backing it up onto DVD when he ran out of DVD's. Quite naturally, this was the precise moment the drive went permanently on the fritz. He lost several years of music he'd composed.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates