Increasing show velocity?

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Increasing show velocity?

Postby ayates » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:52 pm

The slideshows I do have all been one full image per slide with a fade transition from one slide to the next. While this works, the current show I am working on (these are all for my Scout group) has a much larger photo collection to work from (18 days hiking in Europe). So to keep the show length reasonable, my wife said I needed to speed things up by dropping on multipe photos per slide or something of the sort.

I upgraded to PSP and have been playing around, and have been trying to sort through the multitude of available styles both built-in and from 3rd parties. As can be guessed, I have not been having much luck. While a lot of this is personal preference, are there are specific style recommendation that would help increase the velocity of a show? I'm looking for something simple, I'm not keen when the movement becomes distracting. Perhaps just dropping half size images on alternate sides of a full size background. Any suggestions? I'm getting desparate :)

Thanks,

Allan.

Re: Increasing show velocity?

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:38 am

Allan, here's the answer you don't want: Every show is unique, and therefore, so are all its parts. It's close to impossible to tell you how to speed up the presentation of photos because it depends very much on those photos and their relative importance in the show.

Though I'm one of those who doesn't much care for the Wizard, it can certainly help give ideas. You might try tossing a few photos into a few slides under Wizard control and see what it does. Do this several times, using different themes and different energy levels to see some of the choices. You might find a style or two in there that'll work for you, and then you can build your own show using what worked in the Wizard.

Barbara

P.S. All of the above depends on whether you're using Producer 5.
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby ayates » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:43 am

Yes, I'll give the wizard a try, I hadn't thought of that. I am using PSP 5. Thx.

Postby cherub » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:04 am

The wizard was introduced in ver. 4.5, so Barbara's advice from above is valid also for people who haven't upgraded yet to Producer 5, and are still using Producer 4.5

As to using styles and the "velocity" of your show:
You may have noticed that the defaults in Producer are: a 3 seconds slide, followed by a 3 seconds transition.
In addition, each slide style (whether built-in or purchased separately), gives you a recommended slide time and a recommended transition time.
These times are not carved in stone, and they can be changed. You can shorten the times of your slides, as well as that of your transitions
It all depends on the rhythm of your music, the pictures that you want to emphasize or not, and the general mood of the show that you want to present. Some transitions look very well when they are played at half of the recommended times, and others less well.

Apart from the option of the wizard, you can also use the function: Quick synch
You have several options: Audio > Quick synch entire show, Quick synch selected slides and Quick synch selected slides to track.
I prefer to use the latter, as it gives Produces the option to shorten the transition times and the slide times automatically, and you can later correct those times that don't look right to you.

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:08 am

Mona, I wandered off, and while there, it hit me that the Wizard arrived earlier than version 5. I came in here to correct myself, but now I don't have to. :D

Barbara

Postby cherub » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:12 am

Actually, I'm not sure myself.
I have a feeling that the Wizard was introduced even before ver. 4.5 :D :D

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:21 am

I just checked, and you're correct. Version 4.5 saw the arrival of the Wizard.

Barbara

Postby Thumper » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi, thought I might contribute here.

I have found a great way so speed up the show without compromising the comfortable viewing of the pictures, is by shorting the transitions times. It has worked for me when i wanted an increase in the pace but did not want the pictures flying by.

Postby cherub » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Thumper wrote:Hi, thought I might contribute here.

I have found a great way so speed up the show without compromising the comfortable viewing of the pictures, is by shorting the transitions times. It has worked for me when i wanted an increase in the pace but did not want the pictures flying by.

I thought I mentioned this in my first post in this thread :D
Perhaps I used too many words , and it went unnoticed :D

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates