Multiple photo slide style question.

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users
Valued Member

Multiple photo slide style question.

Postby NLAlston » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:58 pm

I think that I once saw the answer to my query posted here, some time before, but could not seem to find it again. But what I'd like to know is this:

After settling on a multiple photo slide style to use, how does one go about then selecting the desired photos to fill the photo slots of said style? I have tried everything that I could, but wasn't able to find out just what action was needed from me. I know it is something simple.

Advanced thanks.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Re: Multiple photo slide style question.

Postby cherub » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 am

There is no difference between a style for just one picture and a style for multiple pictures.
Both are applied in the same way.

There are two ways of applying a style, and both are legitimate and right.

Option 1:
Read the description of the style and see how many images (layers) are needed. Insert this number of pictures in a new slide, and apply the style.
Option 2:
Apply the style to an empty slide, and then drag each picture from the thumbnails list, into the empty layers.
The empty layers are usually marked as Image 1 Landscape (or Portrait), Image 2 Landscape (or Portrait), and so on. When you drag a picture into the empty layer, make sure that you select this layer with your mouse first.
If the style requires duplicates, Producer will create them for you, automatically.

Hope this helps,

Valued Member

Postby NLAlston » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:10 am

Thanks Mona.

I will give your two outlined procedures a shot, in a short while. Though I have no doubt that both of your methods would work, it is a bit different from what I had come across, before. But I thank you.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Postby cherub » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:54 am

NLAlston wrote:Thanks Mona.

I will give your two outlined procedures a shot, in a short while. Though I have no doubt that both of your methods would work, it is a bit different from what I had come across, before. But I thank you.

What do you mean by "different" ? How are they different?
Can you be more specific please?

Valued Member

Postby NLAlston » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:30 am

cherub wrote:
NLAlston wrote:Thanks Mona.

What do you mean by "different" ? How are they different?
Can you be more specific please?

Mona, please don't take what I had said to mean that I thought your given methods to be in any way inferior to what I had referred to. It was nothing like that.

I don't know where I found that other information (I had thought that it was here, somewhere), but I had read information about someone addressing how to go about achieving the very same thing, but in a different manner. It had to do with, first, selecting the desired 'multiple layer' slide style and - from within that same window - clicking on some chevron which would afford the opportunity of adding desired photos into the desired location. I had never gotten around to trying what that responder had given to the OP's questioning, until just very recently. Not finding any such ability to do so, I sought out that information again - figuring that I might have read a portion of it wrong. But I could not locate it.

Remember when I once asked you if you slept with this program? And you responded that you didn't, but that you did have it invade your dreams :) ? Well, I wonder, now, if maybe I might have dreamed that scenario, myself :) . It just seems so strange that I can't find that info anywhere.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Postby im42n8 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:53 am

I'm with Mona on this. I know of only two basic techniques for putting desired images onto layers: 1) putting the images on the slide and applying the style or 2) applying the style to a blank slide and drag drop/select the image for each image layer (a variant is to duplicate the slide and drag-drop, or select the replacement images over the existing ones).

If there's another, additional, approach to applying an effect to a slide and using images in a select order I'm not aware of it.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:52 pm

NLAlston wrote:
I don't know where I found that other information (I had thought that it was here, somewhere), but I had read information about someone addressing how to go about achieving the very same thing, but in a different manner. It had to do with, first, selecting the desired 'multiple layer' slide style and - from within that same window - clicking on some chevron which would afford the opportunity of adding desired photos into the desired location. .

Regardless of whether I do sleep with the program or not, :D :D I think that you just described my second method.
The only problem with what you described is that you are looking for something "in the same window".
That's not possible. When you drag your pictures into layers, you must be in Slide Options, Layers, and with your layer selected. You cannot do this from any other menu. Not from Slide Styles and certainly not from Manage Effects.

Hopefully by now you've managed to apply successfully a style created for multiple pictures :D :D

Valued Member

Postby NLAlston » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 pm

cherub wrote:
NLAlston wrote:
I don't know where I found that other information (I had thought that it was here, somewhere), but I had read information about someone addressing how to go about achieving the very same thing, but in a different manner. It had to do with, first, selecting the desired 'multiple layer' slide style and - from within that same window - clicking on some chevron which would afford the opportunity of adding desired photos into the desired location. .

Regardless of whether I do sleep with the program or not, :D :D I think that you just described my second method.
The only problem with what you described is that you are looking for something "in the same window".
That's not possible. When you drag your pictures into layers, you must be in Slide Options, Layers, and with your layer selected. You cannot do this from any other menu. Not from Slide Styles and certainly not from Manage Effects.

Hopefully by now you've managed to apply successfully a style created for multiple pictures :D :D

Thanks, Mona.

And, yes - I have indeed been able to successfully apply multiple images to certain slide styles. Thanks to you wonderful folk, here.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates